For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is seeking a software developer to develop a Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) module for the Sahana Open Source software for disaster management. The incumbent will be developing risk mapping and alerting solutions for national organizations in the Maldives and the Philippines. The job will be based in AIT and the incumbent will closely collaborate with core Sahana team members as well as national organizations in the countries to support the “CAP on a Map” project.
An initial contract of one year starting 1 March 2015 will be given with a probation period of three months.
Position: Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (Software Developer)
Qualification and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Communication Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields
- 1+ years of software development work experience
- Developing Web Applications (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Experience contributing to an open source project
- Experience developing software as part of a team
- Experience effectively planning and organizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Customer support experience
Skills and Capabilities:
- Good communicator with the ability to speak, write and read effectively in English
- Self motivated
- Any web application framework
- Sahana Eden
- AWS EC2
- GIS Tools (GRASS, QGIS, ArcGIS)
- Writing/maintaining documentation
- Project management skills
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You may be required to create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button. Use MOZILLA FIREFOX for a full functionality of the system.
Please do not forget to download your comprehensive resume (four pages maximum) with complete names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least two referees who can speak about relevant experience/abilities, including a short cover letter which explains your suitability for this position.