For more information, feel free to contact us.
FACULTY POSITION IN WATER ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an autonomous, international and inter-governmental post-graduate institution that promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region and beyond through higher education, research and outreach activities. Established in Thailand in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with the public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some top universities in the world. It offers Bachelors, Master’s and Doctoral degrees, diploma and certificate programs in engineering, science, planning and management, and serves over 2,300 students from many countries across Asia and beyond.
The Water Engineering and Management (WEM), is a Field of Study (FoS) under the School of Engineering and Technology (SET) at AIT. It imparts education and training towards understanding the complexity of water cycle, utilization, and management. It offers a balanced curriculum in both engineering and management aspects of water resources in five focal areas: agricultural water, coastal water, urban water, water resources, and extreme events and risk management.
The Asian Institute of Technology is inviting applications from well qualified candidates for a direct-hire faculty position in the Water Engineering and Management field of study. Applications will be considered at the Assistant Professor level with specific qualifications and expected responsibilities as follows:
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree in Civil or Hydraulics Engineering or related fields with specialization in Hydraulics and Flood Control and Management, Urban Water Management from a well- recognized institution.
- Must have competence in teaching courses related to Hydraulics Engineering and Flood Management and ability to supervise research at post graduate level and to carry out sponsored research projects.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in Flood Management and Urban Water Management practices in the Asian region will be considered an advantage.
- Teaching post-graduate courses in subject areas including but not limited to Hydrodynamics, River Engineering and Management, Flood Modeling and Management and Urban Water Engineering and Management.
- Supervising master and doctoral students’ thesis research.
- Conducting or participating in sponsored research projects, short training courses, seminars/conferences, and other professional activities at the Field, School or Institute levels.
- Attracting sponsored research projects and developing partnerships with industry, government and international agencies.
- Participating in promotional activities to recruit students.
Application Process and Appointment Details
After following the established procedure of screening and evaluation of all applications received, the successful candidate is expected to join the Institute at the start of August 2015 semester. The initial appointment is for a period of two years, and is renewable depending on performance and productivity.
The salary offered to the successful candidate is regionally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel, settlement grant, education subsidy for dependent children and medical benefits according to provisioned Institute policies and procedure. It is also possible to earn additional income from honorarium by carrying out sponsored research projects and consulting services.
Interested applicants must submit either by post or e-mail a letter of intent, complete CV, transcripts for BS, MS and PhD degrees, publication lists and names and addresses of three Referees to the following address:
Schoolof Engineeringand Technology
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box4Klong Luang 12120