For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. 02-524-6054
Specialization: Medical Engineering & Bio-Nano Material Science & Engineering
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an autonomous, international and inter-governmental post-graduate institution that promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region and beyond through higher education, research and outreach activities. Established in Thailand in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with the public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some top universities in the world. It offers Master’s and Doctoral degrees, diploma and certificate programs in engineering, science, planning and management, and serves over 2,000 students from many countries across Asia and beyond.
The Department of Industrial Systems Engineering (ISE) of AIT's School of Engineering & Technology (SET) houses one of the institute's oldest academic programs, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering (IME). AIT's Mechatronics program is the region's first degree program in the synergetic integration of mechanics, electronics, and information technology. Microelectronics and Embedded Systems emerged at a time when the region focused on integrated circuit (IC) packaging and assembly. Embedded systems and artificial intelligence (AT) are becoming increasingly important. The latest Bio-Nano Material Science & Engineering and Medical Engineering programs are adapted from Nanotechnology program to serve broader needs from industries. ISE shares a common concept of developing graduates who excel in technical knowledge, teamwork, communication, and leadership despite the diversity of its academic offerings. We are incredibly proud of all of our alumni who are employed as production line engineers, division managers, CEOs, professors, deans, university rector, and so on.
The Bio-Nano Material Science and Engineering (BNMSE) is an interdisciplinary program of ISE, which is a rational fusion of disciplines of Nanotechnology and Bioengineering. The program is designed to find technological solutions from materials science and engineering perspective for our complex problems with a unique approach of unified understanding of the physical & biological world from the nanoscale to the planetary scale. It offers a balanced curriculum in both Science and Engineering aspects of Bio- and Nano-technology.
Medical Engineering (MDE) program of ISE is the newest addition to the department. It is designed to train future professional figures, playing a relevant role in the regional medical sector over the next years. Medical Engineering, in its widest definition, aims to increase health quality by providing technologically advanced solutions tailored to the customer, innovating modern medicine via the methods and the tools typical of engineering, approaching healthcare challenges and creating new opportunities in academia and industry. MDE is an interdisciplinary program primarily merging robotics, biological, and medical sciences. It is designed for students with scientific backgrounds in chemistry, biology, health & life sciences, medicine, nursing, engineering fields and biomedical fields.
The department of Industrial Systems Engineering of the School of Engineering and Technology, AIT invites qualified candidates to apply for Assistant Professor position in the specialized areas of Medical Engineering (MDE) & Bio-Nano Material Science and Engineering (BNMSE). The preferred candidate is required to have teaching, research and/or practical experience in the relevant area, such as Bionanotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Biomimetics, Biochemistry, Nanomaterial synthesis and their applications in Energy, Environment, and health related areas. Previous experience in teaching, research with publications and/or practical experience in Biomaterials and/or Bionanotechnology related fields is an added advantage. The successful candidate is expected to develop and teach postgraduate courses, supervise Master’s and Doctoral degree students, conduct independent research activities, establish his/her own research team, conduct promotional activities and attract external funding.
- Ph.D. from a reputed university
- Degree awarded in any relevant engineering program or scientific disciplines that focused on Biomedical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Nanotechnology, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Bionanotechnology and/or related fields
- At least 2-3 years of research/teaching experience after Ph.D. is preferred in the areas mentioned above
- The candidate should preferably have some degree of work expertise related to Biomaterials, Biochemistry, Materials Engineering, Nanomaterial synthesis, Microfluidic devices, Biosensors, and Bioelectronics. Knowledge of Mechatronics and Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering is also preferred.
- Ability to do transformational research and develop systems/devices with an interdisciplinary approach.
- Ability to accept challenges in problem solving that requires both science and engineering skills
- Good track record of research as evidenced by publications in reputed international journals with documentation of citations as listed in SCOPUS, Google Scholar and ResearchGate
- Potential or proven ability to develop new courses and/or research programs
- Excellent communication skills with good command in English
- Strong commitment to teaching at the post-graduate levels
- Interest in innovative teaching methods and curriculum development
- Capability to secure external funding for sponsored research projects
- Capability to work with donor agencies to generate collaborative research funding to lead a successful research program
Duties and Responsibilities
- Graduate level teaching in subject areas including but not limited to Biomaterials, Biomechanics, Tissue engineering, Bionanotechnology, Biomimetics, and Bio-MEMS/Bio-NEMS. The ability to offer graduate courses in Mechatronics & Machine Intelligence and Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering is also preferred.
- Teaching 3-4 courses per year
- Student research supervision at Master’s and Doctoral levels
- Attracting sponsored research projects and developing partnerships with industry, government and international agencies
- Participating in promotional activities to recruit students
Preference will be given to candidates who will combine excellence in teaching with a demonstrated capacity to conduct novel, interdisciplinary research that will expand and complement the current departmental research strengths. The program is interdisciplinary in nature; therefore, we seek for a candidate who can bring engineering and science perspectives together. The suitable candidate will be appointed at the earliest possible date initially for a period of two years with strong possibility of extension.
The salary offered to the successful candidate is regionally competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include provident fund, grant for settlement, education subsidy for dependent children and medical benefit as per Institution’s policy and procedure. For more details please refer to the AIT homepage: https://www.ait.ac.th/
To apply, please send a letter of application including a curriculum vitae, copies of selected publications, citation data and names of two referees with their affiliation and contact information. Submit the above mentioned documents to: Dean, School of Engineering and Technology, Asian Institute of Technology, P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand, Tel: (66-2) 524 6054, Fax: (66-2) 524 6432, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is 31 March 2024. Review of applications is currently in progress and will continue until the position is filled. The selected candidate is expected to join the institute at the earliest possible date.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.