For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Applications are invited from highly-motivated candidates for a Laboratory Supervisor position at the Bio-Nano Material Science and Engineering (BNMSE) and Medical Engineering (MDE) programs, under the Industrial Systems Engineering Department, School of Engineering and Technology, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) located in Pathumthani, Thailand. The position is open to all citizens.
Applicants with the following qualifications are expected:
- Master's degree in one of the following fields: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields
- Holding a bachelor’s degree in any of the above fields with five or more years of experience in similar positions are also encouraged to apply
- Experience with handling basic chemistry laboratory tools and techniques
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary research lab or group – examples include wet chemistry lab, instrumentation lab, nanomaterials synthesis and characterization, fab lab, machine shop, etc.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and experience executing safety protocols and regulations
- Experience coordinating schedules within a program or facility
- Good English communication skills are a must. Communication skills in Thai language, or willingness to undertake Thai language courses are desirable, but not mandatory.
- Ability to work in an international and interdisciplinary environment with a wide range of individuals, including students
- Manage and coordinate the laboratory sessions for courses from BNMSE and MDE programs
- Assist students with their academic research
- Organize the labs, maintain cleanliness and logs
- Follow the Institute's best practices in laboratory safety
- Maintain the classroom tools and equipment to remain in good shape and usability
- Oversee laboratory setup and transitions for courses using the room
- Train students and instructors; assist students and instructors with laboratory activities
- Assist to design and develop course lab resources
- Coordinate between similar facilities/units/courses
- Perform special assignments from the faculty as part of their sponsored research projects
- Oversee other laboratory activities as needed