For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Senior Program Officer
The Senior Program Officer will work as a key member of the International Affairs (IA) Unit of the Office of International and Public Affairs at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), which is a leading international post-graduate institution offering advanced engineering, technology, environment and management education. The International Affairs Unit initiates, facilitates and manages international cooperation for AIT. The International Affairs Senior Program Officer will play a strong role in support of the institute in attaining its international goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to raising the Institute's international profile through strategic partnership development.
- Coordinate and manage AIT cooperation with universities, governments, multilateral funding agencies, international organizations, non-governmental organizations and science and research agencies in the European Union and other parts of the world.
- Support the development of academic programs, research cooperation frameworks and exchange programs with some European and other countries.
- Support the development of institute-level proposals and requests for submission to potential donors/partners – for resource mobilization for AIT, including student scholarships and research and development projects.
- Develop and finalize institute-level partnership instruments (MoU and MoA, LoI and Agreements) with partners, and organize signing ceremonies, as required.
- Assist AIT’s entry in and active participation with leading regional and global higher education associations and bodies.
- Generate high-quality analyses to support strategic partnership development.
- Provide timely and effective briefing notes for senior leadership for meetings and visits to / from existing and prospective partners; providing thorough reporting and effective follow up.
- Support the success of student exchange programs with partners in Europe by developing academic partnerships with universities and Erasmus frameworks, and liaising with the appropriate offices and schools for effective monitoring, follow up, and support.
- Assist with the organization of international events, online or offline.
- Other relevant assignments as assigned by the AIT President and Director of International Affairs.
- Relevant degree (Master’s degree from a leading university is preferred) in international relations, business / public administration, engineering, science, social sciences, education, or others.
- Three-five years of international-level experience with demonstrated results involving strategic partnership/project / business development.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of the international higher education arena, universities, international organizations, multilateral development and funding agencies, UN agencies, and foundations
- Knowledge of issues such as climate change, sustainability and realization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Cross-cultural skills. Ability to work in a multicultural environment involving extensive interaction/coordination with academicians, colleagues and stakeholders of different nationalities.
- Articulate ability to work both independently and in a team, and remain committed to the mission and principles of AIT.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently under time pressure.
- High-level proficiency in spoken and written English. Proven ability to communicate ideas, and write precisely and clearly.
- Proficient in preparing and delivering presentations and communication materials, and drafting reports and briefing notes.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of European languages is an advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.