For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation and Management (DPMM) is an interdisciplinary academic post-graduate program of the Schools of SET and SERD. DPMM is looking for an Admin Staff to handle a broad range of coordination and management work within and among its faculty, partners and students. The Admin Staff will be looking after all aspects of the program under the supervision of DPMM Program Chair.
Terms of Reference
- Communicate with student applicants
- Summarize applicants’ qualification for scholarship nomination
- Classroom reservations
- Assist students with administrative matters
- Maintain student files
- Make a database of student research and DPMM Alumni
- Organize student orientation, welcome and farewell
- Organize visitors meeting with DPMM
- Maintain DPMM Library
- Help students follow AIT Style Guide
- Assist students in the emergency deployment
- Facilitate exams (Mid-sem, Final, Progress, Proposal, Special Study and Internship)
- Maintain a functional filing system for administrative matters
- Arrange travel arrangements, prepare advance (RTAs) and reimbursements (RRTEs), PN/PN Settlement, etc.
- Perform secretarial duties as typing, letters, memos, contracts, payments
- Prepare annual budget for DPMM and maintain accounts
- Handle all inquiries directed to DPMM
- Liaise and work closely with AIT units: Finance, Human Resource (OHRS), Government Relations (OHCR), Dean’s Offices, Presidents’ Offices (OPRE), Media and Communications (OMCO), Admissions, Scholarships, Registry, Career Center, Finance (OFIN), Academic Administration (OAA), Language Center, Library, Facilities and Assets Management (OFAM), Helpdesk, etc. to ensure the needs of the office
- Assist in the logistics of various DPMM events (workshop, seminar, conference, etc.)
- Responsible for procurement of office equipment and supplies
- Prepare minutes, reports, analysis and presentations
Outreach, Marketing and Promotion
- Coordinate with DPMM (as well as AIT) existing partners and/or collaborators for the conduct of DPMM-related activities (such as student field visits, Internships and Intensive Training/Workshops/Conferences/Collaborative meetings, etc.)
- Establish further contacts with international and regional organizations as well as national agencies
- Organize and assist in promotional and marketing activities
- Analyze, develop and implement promotion and/or marketing plans (e.g., work-study schemes) and Web-based promotion that will help increase student enrolment to the program
- Maintain the DPMM Website, and social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Maintain filing system for projects
- Assist in organizing conferences, training and workshops
- Assist in developing program/project proposals, research and consulting services related to DPMM
- Perform administrative and financial management for the training, project and consultancies related to DPMM
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Academic Program Chair and Faculties
- Masters’ degree in social sciences, engineering, development, management and relevant subjects with at least 3 years of progressive experience in coordinating with various organizations, institutions as well as individuals of different backgrounds; (knowledge and experience working with faculty members is preferable)
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Proficiency in MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and working knowledge on financial management and budgeting (ERP knowledge would be an advantage)
- Familiarity with and experience in organizing, advertising, promoting and marketing academic programs as well as proficiency in website maintenance are added advantages
*Applicants must submit their curriculum vitae with recent photograph as well as names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees, together with an application letter expressing their qualification and motivation for the position latest 2 December 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.