For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Post Doctoral Reasearch Scholar
Application are invited for a post doctoral research scholar position for Gender in Forced Displacement in Asia supported by IDRC (Canada). The post doctoral research scholar is to work under the supervision of the Acting Director of the Center for Gender in Forced Displacement.
Duties and responsibilities:
Support the Acting Director in establishing the Center for Gender in Forced Displacement. Concretely, the post doc will
- Develop research proposal and engage in research on gender and forced displacement in Asia.
- Support the acting director for project management on gender in forced displacement.
- Ph.D. with a specialization in a relevant social science field such as gender/ women’s studies, development studies, sociology, anthropology, economics, political science.
- Demonstrated research experience on gender analysis in South/ Southeast Asia and on forced displacement/ migration, with strong rights perspective.
- Experience in writing successful research/ project proposal is an asset.
- Strong writing skills in English.
Location and terms:
- The post doctoral research scholar will be stationed at Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
- The contract is for one year, with a possibility of extension.
- The scholar is expected to start working from September 2022.
To apply, please send CV, letter of intent, one page research statement, and one sample research paper or proposal by 5 September 2022 to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.