For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Public Relations Officer
The Public Relations Officer will work with the Public Affairs Unit to initiate and manage public relation activities for the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) to raise the profile and image of AIT and to organize and oversee PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume a lead role in all public relations activities in the Institute.
- Develop and implementing public relations plans and marketing strategies across AIT that are in accordance with the Institute’s vision.
- Possess a good network with local, national, regional, and international media outlets.
Facilitate the regular publication of articles about AIT in the media.
- Plan, develop, direct, and coordinate comprehensive communication programs, to include media, public affairs and publications, and student recruitment/ public relations promotion in close collaboration with the AIT Administration, Schools and Centers.
- Provide direct and proactive advice, consultation, and assistance to senior leaders, as well as the Institute community, regarding public information matters, to include providing direct assistance in researching and developing messages.
- Coordinate surveys, evaluations and assessments of external communications activities in order to determine the effectiveness of the organization’s communications plans.
- Assure quality and appropriateness of institutional communications programs and initiatives, whether internally or externally produced.
- Deliver quality editorial copy, press releases and craft taglines.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the unit head of PA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Advertising, Media, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field. A Bachelor’s degree in a non-related subject along with a diploma/certification in any of the before listed fields will be acceptable. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in public relations, advertising, or marketing media is desirable.
- Expertise on working in advertising and PR campaigns and media is desirable.
- Knowledge and good understanding of current trends and contemporary practices in the higher education marketplace, particularly in Thailand, Southeast Asia and South Asia.
- Experience dealing with younger audiences and multicultural workplace.
- Excellent English and Thai language skills (both written and spoken).
- Good network of PR professionals, influencers, newspapers and media houses, advertisers, and designers in Bangkok.
Skill, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to implement cohesive communication and public relations strategies and plans on an institutional basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of AIT-a postgraduate educational and research institution.
- Knowledge of communication principles, media, and public relations techniques.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse, international community.
- Ability to use independent judgement and to gather, manage and impart information to the media and various other internal and external audiences.
- Experience communicating with the press and other media.
- Strong knowledge of local and regional media contacts and/ or a proven ability to develop such relationships quicky.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working in an academic or research setting preferred.
- Proficiency in design software.
- Ability to churn good quality copy and craft taglines.
The selected candidate will work with a team of professionals which includes the Director, Visual Creative Coordinator, Digital Media Officer, and Media Communications Officer. From time to time, s/he will also be required to work with AIT Schools and other key offices within the institute.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.