For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Applications are invited from the interested applicants for the position of Program Officer/Specialist at the Regional Resource Center for Asia and the Pacific (RRC.AP). RRC.AP is an institute-wide center at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) with a mission to provide resources for policy setting towards sustainable development, acting as a science-policy interface by regional networking, processing, and assessing information and knowledge for governments, local communities, and other stakeholders in the Asia-Pacific region. RRC.AP operates through three clusters, namely, Air Pollution, Climate Change, and Waste and Resource Management.
The selected candidate will work with the Air Pollution Cluster on a number of projects related to air and atmospheric issues. The cluster is working on diversified fields pertaining to air pollution issues in the Asian region including project management, providing technical and secretariat services to the intergovernmental networks, building capacities of the Asian countries on air quality management, bridging science and policy gaps, issues-based scientific research and publications, producing knowledge products, and information sharing.
Under the overall supervision of the Director of RRC.AP and the Head of Air Pollution Cluster, the incumbent will assist the cluster in the implementation of its work programme.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the assigned project independently with minimum supervision which includes coordination with member countries of the intergovernmental networks and other project partners and implementation of project activities with timely delivery of deliverables.
- Organizing the meetings of the intergovernmental bodies, scientific advisory committees, task forces, stakeholder consultations, awareness events (webinars, seminars, etc.), and capacity-building workshops on air quality management.
- Drafting background papers related to project activities, meeting agenda, meeting scenario, and meeting documents, meeting reports including facilitating the meeting proceedings.
- Conduct issue-based scientific research and draft scientific papers and reports, and various knowledge products (factsheets, flyers, brochures, etc.).
- Drafting website contents and updating project website regularly.
- Developing project proposals and continuous exploring opportunities for developing new partnerships, collaborations for mobilizing financial resources to RRC.AP
- Any other tasks assigned by the Director and Head of Air Pollution Cluster
This position requires a Master's/Ph.D. degree in environmental science, environmental management, environmental engineering, environmental chemistry, or any related subject with a specialization in air pollution management and experience of 3-5 years in project management related to air pollution issues in the Asian region. Considerable experience in the management of intergovernmental networks and scientific forums; organizing meetings of intergovernmental bodies, scientific advisory committees, task forces, and capacity building workshops; drafting of meeting documents, scientific papers, reports, and knowledge products; and establishing new partnerships and mobilizing financial resources.
This position is for a fixed-term contract for one year with no additional benefits. Interested applicants may apply by sending a CV (not more than 4 pages) and a one-page cover letter illustrating your suitability for the applied position to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc email@example.com) within 3 weeks of the advertisement. Only short-listed applicants will be called for a competency-based interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.