For more information, feel free to contact us.
School of Management
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is a multicultural, English-speaking and international institute (university) of higher learning based in Thailand. It is Asia’s pioneer institution established in 1959 to help meet the region’s growing needs for advanced learning in engineering, science and technology, management, research, outreach and capacity building.
The School of Management at AIT has dynamic doctoral (PhD, DBA) and master's programs (MBA, MSc and professional masters). At the heart of many of the courses on these programs is a desire to see experiential teaching methods with a rapid transferability of knowledge and skills into the workplace. The School is recognized by QS (2021 ranking) as having the top ranked MBA in Thailand and #14 in Asia. It has doubled in size (in terms of programs offered and students enrolled) since 2019. We are looking to expand further in the coming years and welcome applicants from a diverse set of backgrounds but who have knowledge of the finance industry.
AIT School of Management (https://www.som.ait.ac.th/) invites applications for full-time faculty positions (either research track or as professor of practice) specializing in the following areas:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a minimum of 9 credits per year (Research Track) or up to 15 credits per year (non research Track) in relevant area of specialization.
- Supervise Master’s Students’ Research/ Project.
- Supervise Doctoral Students’ Research/ Project/ Dissertations (Research Track).
- Initiate Sponsored Project/ Research and publish regularly (Research Track).
- For both research or professor of practice tracks:
- Relevant experience in teaching and student supervision at graduate level from international university is required.
- Ability and willingness to teach graduate courses, supervise Master and Doctoral students.
- Carry out academic administration, outreach activities, and research, and provide consulting/training services.
- For research track appointments:
- PhD degree: must be academically qualified from a highly-regarded university with specialization in one of the above areas
- Regular peer-reviewed publications. A proven ability in research and publication of scholarly work
- For Professor of Practice track:
- Experience of teaching at a postgraduate or executive education level.
- 20+ years’ experience in a senior leadership (or similar) role.
- Excellent network of businesses across the region.
- In management/financial accounting and/or environmental finance
Benefits and Welfare:
- The initial appointment is normally for two years and is renewable (apart from the Professor of Practice position that can be for a fixed period of two years).
- Salary offered is regionally competitive.
- Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel for self and direct dependents, settlement grant, education subsidy for dependent children, and medical benefit.
Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Documents that must be submitted:
- A cover letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae that included the names and addresses of three (3) referees.
- List of courses taught with teaching evaluations (where relevant).
- A List of Publications in International Journals and citation records listed in the Scopus database (for research track)
- List of Doctoral students supervised (research track).
The positions will remain open until filled up. Please submit application through: firstname.lastname@example.org.
School of Management
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.