For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-6054
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an autonomous, international and inter-governmental post-graduate institution that promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region and beyond through higher education, research and outreach activities. Established in Thailand in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with the public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some top universities in the world. It offers Bachelors, Master’s and Doctoral degrees, diploma and certificate programs in engineering, science, planning and management, and serves over 2,300 students from many countries across Asia and beyond. For more information, please visit website www.ait.ac.th .
The Water Engineering and Management (WEM) is a program of Department of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) under the School of Engineering and Technology (SET) at AIT. It imparts education and training towards understanding the complexity of water cycle, utilization, and management. It offers a balanced curriculum in both engineering and management aspects of water resources in five focal areas: agricultural water, coastal water, urban water, water resources, and extreme events and risk management.
The Asian Institute of Technology (www.ait.ac.th) is inviting applications from well qualified candidates for a direct-hire faculty position in the Water Engineering and Management program. Applications will be considered at the Assistant Professor/Associate Professor level with specific qualifications and expected responsibilities as follows:
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree in Civil, Environment, Water Resources Engineering, Physical Geography or any related fields with specialization in Hydrology and Water Quality from a well- recognized institution.
- Must have demonstrated experience (with track records) in teaching courses related to Watershed Hydrology, Hydrological and Water Quality Modeling and ability to supervise research at post graduate level and to carry out sponsored research projects.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in water resources development and management projects in the Asian region will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in developing hydrology and water resources related computer programs integrating cutting technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Internet of Things (IoT) is highly preferable.
- Teaching post-graduate courses in subject areas including but not limited to Watershed Hydrology, Modeling of Water Resources Systems, Integrated Water Resources Management, Water Supply and Sanitation.
- Developing new modules to integrate traditional hydrology and water resources content knowledge with cutting edge technologies including, but are not limited to, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Internet of Things.
- Supervising master and doctoral students’ thesis research.
- Conducting or participating in sponsored research projects, short training courses, seminars/conferences, and other professional activities at the Program, School or Institute levels.
- Attracting sponsored research projects and developing partnerships with industry, government and international agencies.
- Participating in promotional activities to recruit students.
Application Process and Appointment Details
After following the established procedure of screening and evaluation of all applications received, the successful candidate is expected to join the Institute at the start of January 2022 semester. The initial appointment is for a period of two years and is renewable depending on performance and productivity.
The salary offered to the successful candidate is regionally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel, settlement grant, education subsidy for dependent children and medical benefits according to provisioned Institute policies and procedure. It is also possible to earn additional income from honorarium by carrying out sponsored research projects and consulting services.
Interested applicants must submit either by post or e-mail a letter of intent, complete CV, transcripts for BS, MS and PhD degrees, publication lists and names and addresses of three Referees to the following address.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2021
Office of the Dean