For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
1. General summary
Responsible for the laboratory classes for students, processing student-related academic/research activities, organization of field visits, managing laboratory data and maintaining safety, assisting the academic program head and supporting the staff team, and other responsibilities as assigned by the academic program and department heads.
2. Academic Qualification and Experiences
- Master's degree in Engineering (preferably in Energy Studies)
- Undergraduate preference is Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Experience in supervising energy laboratories in academic institutions or related fields is required
- Good knowledge in laboratory operation and management
- Good command of English
- High level of digital proficiency in MS office, office facilities, promotion, and social media related platforms.
- Experience in communication, marketing, reporting and outreach activities.
- Pleasant personality and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with different nationalities and flexible working hours as demanded.
3. Key duties/responsibilities of Laboratory Supervisor
- Preparing laboratory instruction sheets and equipment, carry out trial runs for laboratory experiments, supervise and assist students in carrying laboratory experiments.
- Supervise and manage computer software and hardware, assist in supervising the indoor installation and use of all energy equipment by students in the Energy Laboratory and Energy Park
- Administrate (borrowing, storing, repairing and maintenance) all instruments and equipment for energy laboratory research and experiment.
- Update the list of laboratory equipment and accessories
- Work closely with teaching or research faculty in their academic and contracted research project
- Supervise laboratory technicians
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Some examples of laboratory (hardware and software):
- Bioenergy related lab works (Hardware on Biomass conversion, etc.)
- Electrical Power System Management related lab works (Software, e.g., DIgSILENT, PSCAD, MATLAB and some hardware)
- Solar energy related works (Hardware: solar hot water, solar drying, PV, radiation measurements, daylighting, and software, e.g., HOMER, RETScreen, PVSyst, etc.)
- Energy Modeling related lab works (software, e.g., LEAP, MARKAL, TIMES, etc.)
- Energy audit related works (electrical and thermal, e.g., air conditioning, building, pumps, motors, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.