For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Project Development Officer
Office of Academic Administration (OAA)
Sponsored and Contracted Projects Unit (SCPU)
The Project Development Officer is expected to support the project proposal development, research communication, and track-and-monitor the funding opportunities from potential sponsors/donors. The work will focus on supporting the activities related to the project scoping and proposal development for bidding with different donors as well as other tasks as assigned for Sponsored and Contracted Projects Unit (SCPU) by the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Project Development Officer will work under the supervision of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, but as a member of the existing team of Sponsored and Contract Project Office, including SCPU coordinator and other support staffs, in a well-coordinated fashion. The work requires an intensive collaboration with the faculties, Schools and Centers of AIT.
We are looking for self-motivated person with passion for project development, research communication and grant searching. Therefore, writing, communication and networking skills including seamless handling of digital media are essential for this position.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Searching for grants and funding calls from a wide-variety of donor types including research and international institutions, governments and philanthropic organization in multiple countries
- Working closely with the teams of the project bids, and other members of the project team to coordinate all activities for smooth and timely preparation of the project proposal bids, including proposal writing
- Dissemination of sponsored projects and their outcomes through various digital and print media of AIT, and gathering such information internally from PIs, faculties and staffs, including communication material preparation, realizing periodic research blogs, newsletters, and the quarterly and annual reports
- Others, such as
- Contribute to build and maintain research website, monitor and update the project database as per the project work plan, and deliverable schedules.
- Participate in discussions, meetings, and consultations with the Schools and Outreach centers.
- Schedule, facilitate, and organize project-related discussion and stakeholder meetings.
- Other relevant work as assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs in relation to grants, funding, and projects.
- Post-graduate degree in related science/management disciplines. Applicants with doctorate degree will be given preference.
- Experience of project proposal development, grant searching and research communication is highly preferred
3. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Ability to work in a multi-country and multicultural environments involving extensive interaction/coordination with stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- High level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Proven ability to effectively communicate ideas, write precisely and clearly
- Proficient in preparing presentation materials, communication materials, and drafting reports/funding proposals.
- Knowledge on related digital media
We encourage candidates to look at AIT web-page and know more about our thematic, academic, training and outreach activities. AIT has five key themes (1) Climate change (2) Water-energy-food (3) Smart communities (4) Infrastructure, and (5) Technology, Policy and Society. AIT focuses heavily on long-term sustainability issues as well as medium term, especially realization of 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.