For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Content Creator/Writer will work with the Office of Public Affairs (OPA) on the following:
Terms of Reference (TOR):
- Gather stories around AIT that can be reported on various media outlets of the Institute and of external media organizations.
- Produce media content, in written; photographic; video-graphic; and/or animated forms, for social media, website, newsletter, and promotional items, in accordance with AIT communications strategies.
- Provide technical support for live streaming, webinar hosting, and online communications in general.
- Provide basic copy editing to improve understanding, meaning and impact.
- Liaise with external web service provider to oversee the AIT website, new webpage development, and content updates.
- Provide high-quality and up-to-date content and content features, including news, announcements, widgets, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create content and manage digital media outlets of AIT.
- Manage social media platforms and AIT digital media, including the website, photo and video channels.
- Coordinate the production and publication of daily online content that supports AIT communications strategies and engages target audiences in a meaningful way to build the AIT brand.
- Work with colleagues in Central Administration, Schools and Centers to ensure full coverage of the Institute’s activities and the generation of new and dynamic content.
- Ensure regular update implementation of digital content for the Institute’s communications platforms (website, e-newsletters, and social media) and coordinate efforts with AIT Promotions / Marketing / Media and Recruitment Officers.
- Ensure consistent and modern messaging, quality control and a coherent user experience across AIT digital platforms.
- Capture and analyze appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices to support continuous improvement.
- Make recommendations on the development and delivery of digital media content and strategies, particularly social media through platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification in line with AIT’s Strategic Roadmap and communications strategies and policies.
- Analyze current events in Higher Education, public opinion and media coverage, identify issues and trends, and advise management on appropriate digital media responses.
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate implementation and impact of the AIT’s social media presence.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends and innovations in interactive digital media field (such as VR and AR and Facebook Horizon) and make recommendations for new opportunities to expand or enhance the social media presence of AIT.
- Make recommendations and provide technical advice to team members and other AIT components on best practices in digital media, to increase the Institute’s reach and contribute to achieving its goals.
This position requires a bachel or's degree or equivalent in education, training and experience, plus some related experience.
- Ability to produce accessible and entertaining science/technology reporting.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in creating digital media content: writing captions, blogs, feature articles, taking photos, filming, and photo and video editing.
- Experience in computer graphic or animation is desirable.
- Experience in maintaining and managing organizational social networking accounts.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating the impact of web and social media content is desirable.
- Experience in hosting live streaming program and/or webinar is desirable.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premier/FinalCut or similar is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of web technologies and social media usage.
- At least one year of dedicated experience managing in digital channels in English (website and/or social media) in a professional context is desirable.
- Experience in delivering digital campaigns, including social advocacy and marketing engagement is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Team-oriented with positive attitude.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal colleagues and external partners.
- Ability to build productive relationships through interaction with faculty and staff.
- An understanding of the academic culture and the processes and policies of an educational institution is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.