For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Duties and Responsibilities:
The director is responsible for managing the Language Center's services in line with approved targets and objectives of the Institute's vision and mission. The Director reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, collaborates with the deans of AIT schools, sets the Center's strategies and business plan, and supervises the work of LC teachers and clerical staffs.
Keys areas for results:
- Assisting student recruitment and provision of pre-degree intensive language programs.
- Maintenance of Institute standards for academic and technical writing skills through admissions and placement testing, and editorial approval of components of research reports.
- Proactively seek out partnerships with external clients that will lead to LC revenue.
- Apply for external project funding that will benefit the LC financially or develop LC staff.
- Development of needs assessment and language curricula for undergraduate, postgraduate students and AIT staff.
- Oversee the provision of on-line, self-access and tutorial facilities.
- Partner with AIT schools as well as governmental and non-governmental partners of AIT in capacity building training programs.
- Manage the LC team through recruitment, hiring and evaluation of staff while furthering their professional development.
- Set and control the Language Center budget.
- Contribute to the Institute-wide initiatives, panels, committees and task forces as requested.
- Proficiency in English with expertise in academic and technical writing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a program of teaching at the university level and successfully leading a team of teachers.
- Ample experience in writing academic research or project proposals.
- Experience in designing curricula and programs for international university programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of university experience teaching English academic/technical writing and communication skills.
- A master's degree (doctorate preferred) in language teaching or linguistics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.