For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-6074
Fax no. (66-2) 524-6071
Faculty Position in Urban Innovation and Sustainability (UIS)
ACADEMIC FIELD AND LEVEL:
Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor, depending on qualifications and experience.
UIS Academic Program (AP):
Transformed from the Urban Environmental Management (UEM), UIS AP aims to enhance the capacity of professionals to address the growing need to support urban innovation and sustainability, solve their challenges and tape in their opportunities toward urban healthy living and contributing to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. The challenges may include more inclusive/environment friendly services, urban greening, management of urban areas for preventing the complicated and emerging risks such as the Covid-19 pandemic and other future natural disasters (?), while opportunities may involve synergies among different urban functions, smart communities, urban green financing, etc.). The UIS covers both systems development and management - for multi-scale (region/city, local/neighborhood and site/building, cross-sector (e.g., ecology, energy, material and waste, water, climate, health, food, and mobility), and multi-agent connectivity and decision making, in support of more integrated, evolutionary and transformational changes. The program also applies different methods, for emerging themes, e.g., ageing society, circular economy, urban agriculture, smart buildings/cities, responsible tourism and consumption, healthy and inclusive cities, etc
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently teach a minimum of 3 to 4 postgraduate courses per year, such as Digital and ICT Innovation for Built Environment, Eco-Innovation for Built Environment, Urban Logistics
- Collaborate on curriculum development and program administration with faculty colleagues, including development of new relevant course(s) and research programs as necessary.
- Supervise Master and Doctoral student’s thesis/dissertation research.
- Acquire and conduct sponsored research and publish research results in academic outlets.
- Participate in and collaborate on outreach activities that advance gender-responsiveness in development.
- Assist in the conduct of training/workshop and other capacity building activities conducted by AIT and/or partners.
- Participate in promoting the Program, Department, School, and AIT to recruit students.
- Perform professional, academic, and administrative duties assigned by the Program/Department/School/Institute.
- Ph.D., with a specialization in Urban Eco-Innovation Technology and Management and/or Urban Logistics and Entrepreneurship or closely related fields
- Possesses a working knowledge or experience of development of urban innovation technology and/or eco-innovation/logistics - such as smart cities and/or services, urban competitiveness, eco-products/logistics, urban tourism
- Familiarity of developing and integrating some cross-cutting themes/areas in relation to urban development and/or management - including urban/regional planning, socio-ecology, governance, financing and cost recovery, population and health, and inclusiveness
- Addressing and incorporating regional and global environmental issues where urban regions are considered as growing demand – including disaster and climate change, urban-rural linkage, special economic zone or corridor development, strategic (regional/sectoral) management.
- Ability to publish in international refereed journals.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in obtaining research grants through international competition is highly desirable.
- Relevant experience and competence in teaching and student supervision at graduate level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- An interdisciplinary approach and ability to work collaboratively with program and university colleagues in an international setting.
- Solid analytical skills are an advantage.
- Experience in working in Asian developing countries is a plus.
The appointment may be at the rank of an Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on qualifications and experience. The salary offered to the successful candidate is regionally competitive commensurate with qualifications and experiences. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel for self and direct dependents, settlement grant, education subsidy for dependent children, and medical benefits according to the provisions in the Institute’s policy and procedure. It is also possible to earn an additional income by carrying out consultancy services as provisioned in the Institute’s policies and procedures.
The application deadline is on the 30 June 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately after the deadline and will continue until the position is filled. The selected candidate is expected to join the Institute in December 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Please send in a letter of application including (1) curriculum vitae, (2) copies of at least five selected publications, (3) one-page professional statement describing goals and aspirations and (4) names and addresses of three referees to the following address: