For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Senior Research Associate
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction and guidance provided by the Centre Director:
- Develop ‘platforms’ and ‘Data-bases’ on global energy, water, and infrastructure markets
- Develop research proposals seeking external funding
- Implement research projects; this will typically involve:
- Analysis of institutional (Structure, Ownership, Regulatory) dimensions of energy/water markets
- Assessment of pre- and post-reform productivity of energy/water markets
- Development of scenarios for future trends in energy/water markets
- Analysis of global Infrastructure trends, infrastructure linkages and multipliers
- Preparation of papers, review reports - for wider publication
- Organize customized executive training programs
- Promote professional dialogues with Centre partners and other interests
- Contribute to the preparation high-level policy briefs
- Organize public events – workshops, symposia, etc.
Education and Knowledge:
- Doctoral degree in Energy/Water/Infrastructure Policy, with focus on markets, reforms, institutions - from a reputable institution
- Bachelor and Master degrees in cognate disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of mega trends and issues in energy/water markets, infrastructure, institutions, governance, productivity – in Asian and global contexts
- Substantive experience in public or private sectors or university settings, or multilateral organizations in:
- Energy/Water/Infrastructure policy related work, including market structures, regulation, productivity assessment, analysis of infrastructure linkages and multipliers
- Developing large research proposals, application of general- and partial-equilibrium and econometric models, resource and socio-economy linkages
- Report writing, and presentations at public fora.
- Organization and delivery of customized training programs on energy/water markets and infrastructure-related themes
- Ability to work under tight time pressures, and with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Superior command of written and spoken English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.