For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Senior Research Specialist
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction and guidance provided by the Centre Director:
- Establish ‘modelling’ and ‘policy analytic’ platforms and ‘Data-bases’ for undertaking large-scale projects
- Develop research proposals seeking external funding
- Implement research projects; this will typically involve:
- developing data-sets and models for assessing wider impacts of alternative policy pathways
- analysing modelling results – to identify policy trads-offs
- preparing research reports, presentation of research results to sponsors and at public fora
- preparing papers, review reports, monographs, etc., - for wider publication
- Organize customized executive training programs
- Promote professional dialogues with Centre partners and other interests
- Contribute to the preparation high-level policy briefs
- Organize public events – workshops, symposia, etc.
Education and Knowledge:
- Doctoral degree in Energy Policy/Climate change areas - from a reputable institution
- Bachelor and Master degrees in cognate disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of: mega trends and issues in energy, environment and resource policy domains – in Asian and global contexts; and concepts, methods and frameworks for modelling and analyzing such issues.
- At least 10 years of direct experience in public or private sectors or university settings or multilateral organizations - in Energy Policy/Climate change policy related work – involving developing large research proposals, setting up of modelling platforms, application of general- and partial-equilibrium and econometric models for estimating economy-wide impacts of alternative scenarios, resource and socio-economy linkages, report writing, and presentations at public fora.
- Organization and delivery of customized training programs on energy/resource policy themes.
- Ability to work under tight time pressures, and with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Superior command of written and spoken English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.