For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Irrigation Engineering and Management (IREM) Lab Supervisor
The IREM lab supervisor is in charge of maintaining and operating the IREM laboratory, WEM Meteorological station and Irrigation Experimental fields. In addition, the position also provides support to WEM faculty in teaching IREM laboratory courses and to the WEM FoS Coordinator in other administrative tasks.
- Assist in teaching IREM Laboratory courses; prepare, edit and update laboratory course manuals and handouts.
- Carry out regular check-up of IREM Laboratory facilities including WEM Meteorological station; propose and implement necessary repairs, maintenance and upgrades.
- Prepare equipment purchases and upgrade proposals and carry out comprehensive assessment of the instruments features and capabilities prior to purchase.
- Maintains the general inventory system of the hydraulics laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Assist Master and Doctoral students in their thesis experimental work.
- Prepare project proposals, perform laboratory tests and draft technical reports for commercial tests carried out in the laboratory.
- Prepare annual budget for the laboratory (expected income and expenses)
- Provide presentation and demonstration of IREM laboratory facilities, services and research to visitors and guests.
- Assist the WEM FoS Coordinator in monitoring the overall condition of the FoS infrastructure including preparation of proposals for minor repair and renovation works.
- Assist the WEM FoS Coordinator and/or the school in other administrative tasks such as promotion, student recruitment, organizing programs, workshops, meetings and other functions.
- Other duties as assigned by the FoS Coordinator
- Master’s degree in the field of Water Engineering and Management or related field
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and instrumentation, as well as laboratory experimental methods and procedures
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of related computer programs and applications.
- Ability to write project proposals and technical project reports
- Ability to make accurate observations and written reports of test results
- Ability to relate well with people of various nationalities
- Related professional experience is an added advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.