For more information, feel free to contact us.
Senior Program Officer, Office of International Affairs
February 28, 2021
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.
Position: Senior Program Officer
Office of International Affairs (OIA)
Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand
|The Senior Program Officer will work as a member of the Office of International Affairs (OIA) of the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), which is a leading international postgraduate institution offering engineering, environment and management education in English. The Senior Program Officer contributes to strengthening the institute’s international positioning, reputation and global brand in the higher education arena.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the Internationalization Strategy of AIT by delivering premium international partnerships with universities, governments, multilateral funding agencies and international organizations for various modes of cooperation and effective follow up, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develops cooperation with leading universities around the world for academic cooperation involving international student and faculty exchange, experiential learning, research, online learning and dual degree programs.
- Finalizes institutional agreements (MoU and MoA, LoI) with partners.
- Manages all relevant partnerships, produce professional reports and maintains up-to-date records.
- Undertakes preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc, to support strategic partnership development and prepare meetings’ minutes for effective follow up.
- Produces timely and effective briefing notes for the AIT President and senior AIT officials on visits to/from existing and prospective partners and to support OIA reporting, strategic meetings and AIT missions abroad.
- Liaises with counterparts at embassies, universities and international organizations on a regular basis for effective protocol and partnership linkage.
- Coordinates with OIA officers on protocol for events arrangement and organization of professional meetings.
- Arranges visitor programs to AIT, including consultation meetings with existing partners, and organizes signing ceremonies, as required.
- Assists with logistics and itinerary arrangements for AIT President and senior officials’ external visits / missions abroad to existing and prospective partners.
- Other relevant assignments as assigned by AIT President and OIA Director.
- Bachelor’s degree from leading university (Master’s degree is preferable) in international relations, business administration, public relations, marketing, social sciences, education, journalism or others.
- Minimum 5-7 years of international level experience with demonstrated experience in achieving results involving strategic partnership / business development.
- Good understanding of the international higher education arena, universities, international organizations, multilateral development and funding agencies, UN agencies, and foundations.
- Passion for international affairs, interest in science and technology and knowledge of global challenges such as climate change, sustainability and others.
- Communication: Articulate. Excellent English proficiency with advanced English writing skills. Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills. Ability to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships as a team player in a multicultural environment.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail.
- Results focused, and creative in solving problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage responsibilities.
- High level of service orientation.
- Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- Good computer skills in MS Office applications and software, data management and Excel.
- Able to do mass mailings and able to use mass mailing tools in Outlook and Gmail. Skills in Email Direct Marketing (EDM).
- Able to analyze and interpret data for deriving insights to support marketing and relationship building campaigns.
- Able to make convincing presentations to the senior management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.