For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is seeking an experienced Deputy Director to lead its Office of Public Affairs (OPA). The Deputy Director makes an important contribution to building the brand and promoting the global reputation of the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT). The post oversees strategic public relations and communications and news initiatives, media relations, digital communications and social media, branding, and positioning, and supports the Institute’s marketing and student recruitment campaigns. The Deputy Director leads in the supervision of the staff of the Office of Public Affairs and is responsible for delivering and managing the Institute’s internal and external communications and publicity events. View the detailed job description here.
- A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related area is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
- At least 5-7 years of experience is required in journalism, public relations, or a public affairs related field that requires the gathering and dissemination of information and engaging the public, preferably in an educational setting.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills in the English language are required, including the ability to write executive-level communications and high-quality media articles for internal and external publications.
- Expertise and thorough understanding of social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.
- Solid experience in electronic media production (multimedia and video) is preferred.
- Special event planning, organizational and implementation skills are required.
- Expertise on working in advertising, PR campaigns and media.
- Good network of local and regional PR professionals, media contacts, influencers, newspapers and media houses, advertisers and designers in Thailand and the Region.
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and basic video/audio editing including knowledge of copywriting, graphic design, layout, publishing, and webpage maintenance.
- Supervisory and team management experience is preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse, international community.
AIT (www.ait.ac.th) is an international English-speaking postgraduate institution, focusing on engineering, environment, and management studies. Established in 1959, AIT offers the opportunity to study at an institution in Asia, which possesses a global reputation. Sitting on a beautiful green campus located just north of Bangkok, AIT operates as a multicultural community where a cosmopolitan approach to living and learning is the rule.
AIT offers regionally competitive salaries and attractive fringe benefits commensurate with academic merit and experience. Interested applicants are requested to send (1) a letter of application, including curriculum vitae (detailing qualifications and experience) (2) names, affiliations, addresses, emails, and telephone numbers of three referees. These should be submitted no later than 6 December 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.