For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-6054
Assistant Professor Position for Bio-Nano Material Science and Engineering
Department of Industrial Systems Engineering (ISE)
School of Engineering and Technology (SET)
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an autonomous, international and inter- governmental post-graduate institution that promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region and beyond through higher education, research and outreach activities. Established in Thailand in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with the public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some top universities in the world. It offers Master’s and Doctoral degrees, diploma and certificate programs in engineering, science, planning and management, and serves over 1,607 students from many countries across Asia and beyond.
The Bio-Nano Material Science and Engineering (BNMSE) is a new program of Department of Industrial Systems Engineering (ISE) under the School of Engineering and Technology (SET) at AIT. BNMSE is a rational fusion of disciplines of Nanotechnology and Bioengineering, which is truly interdisciplinary in nature. The program is designed to find technological solutions from materials science and engineering perspective for our complex problems with a unique approach of unified understanding of the physical world from the nanoscale to the planetary scale. It offers a balanced curriculum in both Science and Engineering aspects of Bio- and Nano-technology.
Department of Industrial Systems and Engineering of the School of Engineering and Technology, AIT invites qualified candidates to apply for Assistant Professor position in the field of Bio-Nano Material Science and Engineering (BNMSE). The preferred candidate is required to have teaching, research and/or practical experience in the field of Bio-Nano Material Science and Engineering, especially in diverse areas such as Bionanotechnology, Biomimetics, Enzyme kinetics, Nanomaterial synthesis and their applications in Energy and Environmental areas. Previous experience in teaching, research with publications and/or practical experience in Nanotechnology and/or Bionanotechnology related fields is an added advantage. The successful candidate is expected to develop and teach postgraduate courses, supervise Master’s degree and Doctoral students, conduct independent research activities and submit proposals for funding.
- Ph.D. from a reputed university
- Degree awarded in any relevant engineering program or scientific discipline that focused on Material Science and Engineering, Nanotechnology, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Bionanotechnology and/or related fields
- At least 2-3 years of research/teaching experience is preferred in the areas mentioned above
- The candidate should preferably have some degree of work expertise related to Biomimetics, Nanostructured surfaces, Nanofluids, Microfluidic devices, Biosensors, and Bioelectronics
- Ability to do transformational research and develop systems/devices with an interdisciplinary approach
- Ability to accept challenges in problem solving that requires both science and engineering skills
- Good track record of research as evidenced by publications in reputed international journals with documentation of citations as listed in SCOPUS, Google Scholar and ResearchGate
- Potential or proven ability to develop new courses and/or research programs
- Excellent communication skills with good command in English
- Strong commitment to teaching at the post-graduate levels
- Interest in innovative teaching methods and curriculum development
- Capability to secure external funding for sponsored research projects
- Capability to work with donor agencies to generate collaborative research funding to lead a successful research program
Duties and Responsibilities
- Graduate level teaching in subject areas including but not limited to Bionanotechnology, Biomimetics, Enzyme Kinetics and Thermodynamics and Bio- MEMS/Bio-NEMS.
- Teaching 3-4 courses per year
- Student research supervision at Master’s and PhD levels
- Attracting sponsored research projects and developing partnerships with industry, government and international agencies
- Participating in promotional activities to recruit students
Preference will be given to candidates who will combine excellence in teaching with a demonstrated capacity to conduct novel, interdisciplinary research that will expand and complement the current departmental research strengths. The program is interdisciplinary in nature; therefore, we seek for a candidate who can bring engineering and science perspectives together. The suitable candidate will be appointed at the earliest possible date initially for a period of two years with strong possibility of extension.
The salary offered to the successful candidate is regionally competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel for self and direct dependents, grant for settlement, education subsidy for dependent children and medical benefit as per Institution’s policy and procedure. For more details please refer to the AIT homepage: https://www.ait.ac.th/
The application deadline is 30 September 2020. Review of applications is currently in progress and will continue until the position is filled. The selected candidate is expected to join the institute at the earliest possible date.
To apply, please send a letter of application including a curriculum vitae, copies of selected publications, citation data and names of two referees with their affiliation and contact information. Submit the above mentioned documents to:
School of Engineering and Technology, Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
Tel: (66-2) 524 6054, Fax: (66-2) 524 6432