For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand seeks a qualified professional for the position of Executive Director of the AIT Extension.
AIT Extension is the Institute-wide center primarily responsible for the Institute’s outreach. Its functions include executive education, professional development courses, continuing education courses, capacity-building consultancy, and organizing conferences and workshops. AIT Extension also provides support services and staff development programs to AIT Schools and non-academic units. AIT Extension collaborates with a vast network of clients such as government agencies, NGOs, private sector enterprises and other organizations.
AIT Extension is led by an Executive Director who is responsible for defining the strategic direction of AIT Extension and executing its programs. The candidate shall have a graduate level degree in a relevant discipline; a doctorate degree holder is preferable. He/she will have ten years of experience in teaching professional development courses in a related field, supported by knowledge in adult learning principles, group facilitation, familiar with new training technologies and approaches and the ability to put them into practice as well as being acquainted with technical and economic development levels of countries in the region. The candidate must have substantive experience in an international working environment, including experience in managing professional development programs.
Under the supervision of the Vice President for Knowledge Transfer, the Executive Director is expected to:
- Lead the development of a strategic framework consistent with AIT’s mission
- Lead the development of a business plan and partnership development
- Lead the development of innovative teaching with new technology and online or hybrid modes of instruction
- Develop clients for AIT Extension from government, organizations, foundations, and private sector, with special emphasis on increasing the percentage of our enterprise clients
- Generate income and manage financial resources of the unit for financial sustainability
- Oversee operations and ensuring compliance with Institute level and unit-specific policies and procedures
- Ensure quality of all products and services
- Allocation of AIT Extension resources according to emerging priorities
- Ensure effective coordination with other units at AIT and with Schools specifically working closely with the faculty to complement or cooperate on academic programs and offerings
- Supervise development and conduct of all activities
- Represent AIT Extension to external clients, and to participants
AIT is an international English-speaking postgraduate institution, focusing on engineering, environment, and management studies. Established in 1959, AIT offers the opportunity to study at an institution in Asia, which possesses a global reputation. Sitting on a beautiful green campus located just north of Bangkok, AIT operates as a multicultural community where a cosmopolitan approach to living and learning is the rule.
AIT offers regionally competitive salaries and attractive fringe benefits commensurate with academic merit and experience. Interested applicants are requested to send (1) a letter of application, including curriculum vitae (detailing qualifications and experiences) (2) names, affiliations, addresses, emails, and telephone numbers of three referees. These should be submitted no later than 31 July 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
View the detailed job description here.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.