For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Position title: Administrative Officer
Unit: Regional Resource Centre for Asia and the Pacific
Start date: As early as possible
End date: 1-year contract, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds
Application deadline: 29 February 2020
Focusing on achievement of programme implementation and administrative management, the Administrative Officer will perform varied administrative tasks requiring initiative and independent judgment. Administrative Officer should be able to work independently under general direction, plan and arrange meetings, administer budget and account expenditures, prepare financial reports, maintain official records, and implement administrative policies. He/ She may have contacts with high-level administrative officers requiring use of formal vocabulary, discretion and judgment. He/she must be flexible and display initiative while working on new tasks
Administrative Officer is to ensure the efficient delivery of the following tasks:
Programme Administration and Support
Finance and Budget Implementation: (30%)
- Administer contracts period and payment to partners, network, and service providers;
- Process routine admin/finance transactions, invoices, and travel support documents;
- Liaise with the finance department of AIT to ensure that funds are received and disbursed in a timely manner;
- Compile, review and track financial expenses to formulate financial reports and ad hoc reports, according to the format prescribed by donors. Ensure completeness of supporting documents, alignment of expenditures with the budget and donor requirements, and availability of funds;
- Assist in project budget preparation, revision and administration. Continuously monitor project budgets, with preparation of monthly reports for internal use. Provide timely advice regarding the use and distribution of funds;
- Identify operational and financial problems and develops practical solutions;
- Maintain an efficient and sound financial recording system;
- Coordinate with auditors as required.
Meetings and Logistical support: (30%)
- Prepare requests for staff memebers’ travel authorization and settlement, and follow up on mission reports;
- Assist in the organization of seminars, training programmes, workshops;
- Support the coordination and maintain effective communication and relationships with partners, participants, and vendors;
- Liaise with hotels for various event organization logistics and packages. Ensure reservations are confirmed and appropriate, and accurate bills forwarded for further payment process;
- Liaise with participants regarding travel, visa arrangements, and coordination of the meeting venue and conferencing services;
- Assist in the preparation of and send out invitation letters, initial information, confirmation letters. Upload documents to a meeting’s website;
- Compile and set up meeting documents and publications; prepare name badges and table plates, acquire stationeries;
- Submit an event’s budget to request cash advance;
- Collect copies of passports, air tickets, visa stamp pages of participants for DSA distribution, travel reimbursement and promissory note settlement.
Programme Support (20%)
- Assist programme staff in the preparation and finalization of contract/project documents ensuring that appropriate rules and regulations of the Centre as well as requirements of agreements with donors and the consultants are well perceived;
- Maintain an efficient filing system, programme documents, financial documents, and correspondence;
- Assist in monitoring and compilation of Programme’s Key Performance Indicator
Office Administration (20%)
- Advise staff members on the Centre’s policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and laws affecting the organization and provide support to staff requests; Respond to all inquiries, or direct inquiries without delay;
- Organize correspondence in a priority order; exercise discretion in ordering documents for immediate action and forward pertinent correspondence directly to associates for their attention and follow up;
- Greet visitors to the office in a friendly and professional manner; seek to assist visitors and serve as a referral bridge when necessary; provide accurate information to visitors;
- Provide expert guidance and leadership to junior staff, and newcomers;
- Assist in completion of time attendance and daily leave reports.
General Administrative Support
- Manage the filing, storage and security of the Centre’s documents; update a staff directory, partners contact addresses, and correspondence controlling log;
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, conferences, teleconferences; confirm all appointments via e-mail and/or telephone;
- Involve in the planning and implementation of the procurement plan of office equipment, supplies and services; and maintain an inventory list;
- Arrange transportation, travel, communications, technology support, and provision of service requirements, and coordinate with appropriate service oriented mind;
- Maintain the meeting room reservations, equipment, and cleanliness;
- Manage telephone records, checks and distributes incoming faxes;
- Dispatch mails and parcels, and record in an incoming and outgoing log sheet.
- Perform other duties as required
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experiences in secretary and administrative fields;
- Bachelor's degree or higher from Business Administration, Arts, English, Secretarial or related fields;
- Self-initiative and detail-minded with good analytical skill; Able to work under pressure; Good in problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent commands of both written and verbal communication in English;
- Excellent in computer skills, including Microsoft Office (especially Outlook);
- Ability to make presentations in PowerPoint and compile clear and concise briefing materials;
- Experience in working collaboratively with team/partners;
- Able to work outside normal working hour;
- Able to manage and plan own and keep track of a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Thai Nationality and Immediate availability is highly preferred.
Applications should include 1) a cover letter highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications and experience and 2) curriculum vitae (a maximum of six pages, please) and should be sent to: email@example.com, with subject “Administrative Officer".
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.