For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-6074
Faculty position in Environmental Technology and Management
(Assistant or Associate Professor Level)
Faculty position in Environmental Technology and Management at Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Change, School of Environment, Resources and Development, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
AIT is an autonomous, non-profit, international post-graduate institution primarily offering Master’s and Doctorate degrees in engineering, science, planning and management. Over 1,700 students in AIT come from several countries across Asia and beyond. Teaching faculty, researchers and students come from more than 47 countries and form a unique international community on the Institute’s 160 hectares beautifully landscaped campus situated 42 km north of Bangkok.
The Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Change invites applications for a faculty position in the Environmental Technology and Management field. The candidate should have significant teaching, research and/or practical experiences. The successful candidates are expected to develop and teach postgraduate courses, supervise Master’s and Doctoral students, conduct independent research, and carry out consultancy and outreach activities.
The Environmental Engineering and Management Program includes two areas of specialization, (a) Environmental Technology and Management, and (b) Water and Wastewater Engineering. It offers M.Sc. and Ph.D degrees and conducts teaching, research and outreach on environmental engineering topics (http://www.serd.ait.ac.th/).
Environmental Engineering and Management Program was started in AIT in 1964. It embodies a long history of 50 years in the region in conducting teaching and the pioneering research to respond timely to the present needs of the region and visioning for the future development. Environmental Technology and Management is one of the focal areas in the program with over 200 master and 150 PhD graduates during the past 15 years who specialized in the environmental technology and management.
We look for a young and dynamic colleague to join the Department and contribute to further development of this focal area. In particular, the potential candidate is expected to have the following qualities.
Education and experience
- PhD from reputed university with the major in Microbiology with extensive research experiences and strong publications record in environmental microbiology and environmental impact assessment. A minor in environmental chemistry is preferable.
- At least 2-3 years of research/teaching experience in environmental chemistry, applied microbiology and environmental impact assessment.
- Good track record of research as evidenced by publications in reputed international journals.
- The candidate should preferable have the working expertise related to environmental chemistry impact assessment, health and ecological risk assessment, and underlying microbial processes (incl. biotechnology). Working experience relevant to health effect studies is an advantage.
- Potential or proven ability to develop an internationally recognized research programs.
- Excellent communication skills with good command over English.
- Strong commitment to teaching at the post-graduate level.
- Interest in innovative teaching methods and curriculum development.
- Capable to secure external funding for sponsored research projects.
- Capable to undertake consulting assignments in the region.
- Work with donor agencies and industrial partners and generate collaborative research funding to lead a successful research program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently teach a minimum of 3 to 4 postgraduate courses per year in the broader areas of “Environmental Chemistry and Laboratory”, “Applied Microbiology and Laboratory”, and “Environmental Impact Assessment”
- Student research supervision at Master and PhD levels
- Carry out sponsored research projects and assignments
Preference will be given to candidates who will combine excellence in teaching with a demonstrated capacity to conduct novel, interdisciplinary research that will expand and complement the current departmental research strengths. The Department is multidisciplinary in nature, therefore, we seek for a candidate who can bring engineering and management perspectives together.
Please send in a letter of application including (1) curriculum vitae, (2) copies of at least five selected publications, and (3) one-page professional statement describing goals and aspirations and (4) names and addresses of three referees to the following address:
School of Environment, Resources and Development
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand