For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Post-doctoral Research Fellow (PDRF - 01) / Research Associate (RA - 01)
PDRA 01 / RA 01 will be responsible to develop and undertake research as part of the international, multi-institutional UKRI GCRF Living Deltas Research Hub (www.livingdeltas.org). The work will be primarily focused on the activities related to the Work Packages assigned to AIT. The PDRA will work under the direct supervision of Dr. Sylvia Szabo and Dr. Indrajit Pal at Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand and in close collaboration with colleagues (Project Delta Countries and overseas) from across the Living Deltas Hub, which operates a model of equitable partnership with delta-dwellers and the research community. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of determinants of nutrition, food security risks and selected health outcomes in relation to delta SESs in different cultural, socio-economic and environmental contexts;
- Analysis of the patterns and drivers of livelihood shifts in delta SESs;
- Analysis of trends in socio-economic/well-being indicators;
- Leading the design and delivery of relevant knowledge products, with a specific focus on peer-reviewed publications;
- Contribution to websites, blogs, policy briefs and projects reports;
- Contributing to the analysis of SDG interactions;
- On needs basis, assisting the delta partners in designing of the primary data collection efforts (especially household surveys);
- On needs basis undertaking the analysis of emerging survey data from this and associated relevant projects
- Any other duties as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder.
- PhD (or close to completion) in quantitative social science.
- Candidates with strong research background but without a PhD degree may be considered for a position of Research Associate;
(c) Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to conceptualise research themes and conduct relevant literature research and write project reports;
- Demonstrated experience of conducting statistical analysis of large household survey datasets;
- Ability to use existing household survey data (especially budget surveys), analyse relationships between health outcomes, food security, poverty and environmental /ecosystems variables.
- Experience with data analysis techniques and statistical packages such as IBM-SPSS, STATA, and/or R. Experience working with ArcGIS/QGIS is a plus;
- Ability to prepare material for public presentation;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and respect deadlines;
- Ability to plan and organise field work with assistance from the department’s administrative office;
- Ability/willingness to travel, including to resource poor locations (especially in project delta countries India, Bangladesh and Vietnam);
- A record of a couple of peer-reviewed publications is a plus;
- Work effectively in a team, understanding the strengths and weaknesses of others to help teamwork development.
- Ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the project
- A good command of English, both oral and written. Knowledge of other languages of the project countries would be an advantage.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.