For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Senior Digital Media & Communications Officer
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is seeking a qualified Senior Digital Media / Communications Officer to join its Office of Public Affairs’ team. The Senior Digital Media Communications Officer will implement the delivery of AIT’s digital content and external communications. A key challenge will be to oversee the modernization of content via the AIT website and digital communications products for key target audiences and international markets.
The Digital Media Communications Officer will work with senior leadership on the following:
Social Media Communications (50%)
- Solicit and manage intake of news, stories and content from academicians, researchers, and senior level administrators within AIT
- Write web content, faculty profiles, smaller news and promotional items for electronic formats (web, social media, E-newsletters) and internal communications channels
- Provide basic copy editing to improve understanding, meaning and impact
Website Management (50%)
- Liaise with external web service provider to oversee the AIT website, new webpage development, content updates
- Ensure that there is a constant supply of high-quality, up-to-date content including announcements, widgets, and other content features
- Ensure continuity of primary AIT website and any directly related websites at AIT
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of content creation and management of digital channels
- Manages social media platforms and AIT digital, including the Institute’s website, photo, and video channels
- Coordinates the production and publishing of daily online content that support’s AIT communications strategies and engages target audiences in a meaningful way to build the AIT brand.
- Works with colleagues in Central Administration, Schools and Centers to ensure full coverage of the Institute’s activities and the generation of new, dynamic content.
- Ensures regular update implementation of digital content for the Institute’s communications platforms (Website, e-newsletters, Social Media) and coordinates efforts with AIT Promotions / Marketing / Media and Recruitment Officers
- Ensures consistent and modern messaging, quality control and a coherent user experience across AIT digital platforms.
- Captures and analyses appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices to support continuous improvement.
- Makes recommendations on the development and delivery of digital media content and strategies, particularly social media through platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification in line with AIT’s Strategic Road Map and communications strategies and policies.
- Analyses current events in Higher Education, public opinion and media coverage, identifies issues and trends, and advises management on appropriate digital media responses.
- Monitors, analyses and evaluates implementation and impact of the AIT’s social media presence.
- Keeps abreast of emerging trends and innovations in interactive digital media field (such as VR and AR and Facebook Horizon) and makes recommendations for new opportunities to expand or enhance the social media presence for marketing purposes.
- Makes recommendations and provides technical advice to team members and other AIT components on best practices in digital media to increase the Institute’s reach and contribute to its global brand.
This position requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education, training and experience, plus three years of related experience.
- Team-oriented with positive attitude
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- At least three years of dedicated experience managing digital channels in English (website and/or social media) in a professional context (required)
- Experience delivering digital campaigns, including social advocacy and marketing engagement
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal colleagues and external partners
- Experience monitoring and evaluating the impact of web and social media content is desirable
- Proficiency in some email marketing platforms (e.g., Convio Luminate Online, EveryAction, Campaign Monitor, Pardot, or similar tools), CRM and CMS platforms -- WordPress, Drupal and Static HTML website development and maintenance
- Well-rounded knowledge of Web technologies and social media usage
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier (FinalCut or similar)
- Ability to meet established deadlines
- Ability to build productive relationships through interaction with faculty and staff
- An understanding of the academic culture and the processes and policies of an educational institution.
- Experience maintaining and managing organizational social networking accounts
- Experience producing and editing video content
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.