For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Public Relations Coordinator
The Public Relations Coordinator coordinates all media outreach and public affairs programs of the Asian Institute of Technology under the supervision of Director of the Office of Public Affairs / Office of International Affairs and reporting to the President of AIT. The incumbent integrates the organization's communications and public relations programs and initiatives into a cohesive effort that conveys a consistent message in support of AIT’s mission, strategic goals, marketing, student recruitment and brand objectives. Serves as strategic advisor to senior leaders with respect to communications and public affairs initiatives. Leads efforts to the raise profile of AIT significantly in Thailand, Asia and around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume a lead role in all public relations activities in the Institute
- Develop and implement public relations plans and marketing strategies across AIT that are in accordance with the Institute’s vision.
- Create attractive PR / Marketing content and campaigns targeting appropriate younger audiences and prospective students.
- Possess a good network with local, regional, national, and international media outlets. Facilitate the regular publication of articles about AIT in the media.
- Plan, develop, direct, and coordinate comprehensive communication programs, to include media, public affairs and publications, and student recruitment / public relations promotion in close collaboration with the AIT administration, Schools and Centers.
- Provide direct and proactive advice, consultation, and assistance to senior leaders, as well as the Institute community, regarding public information matters, to include providing direct assistance in researching and developing messages.
- Coordinate surveys, evaluations and assessments of external communications activities in order to determine the effectiveness of the organization's communications plans.
- Assure quality and appropriateness of institutional communication programs and initiatives, whether internally or externally produced.
- Represents the university to various institutional divisions as well as externally to governmental agencies, vendors, VIP visitors, prospective students and their parents, and/or the public.
- Deliver quality editorial copy, press releases and craft taglines.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the President of AIT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Advertising, Media, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field. A Bachelor’s degree in a non-related subject along with a diploma/ certification in any of the before listed fields will be acceptable.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience working in public relations, advertising, marketing media.
- Expertise on working in advertising, PR campaigns and media.
- Knowledge and a good understanding of current trends and contemporary practices in the Higher Education marketplace, particularly in Thailand, Southeast Asia and South Asia
- Experience dealing with younger audiences and multicultural workplace.
- Excellent English and Thai language skills (both written and spoken).
- Good network of PR professionals, influencers, newspapers and media houses, advertisers and designers in Bangkok.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to establish and implement cohesive communication and public relations strategies and plans on an institutional basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of AIT – a postgraduate educational and research institution.
- Knowledge of communication principles, media, and public relations techniques.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse, international community.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to gather, manage and impart information to the media and various other internal and external audiences.
- Experience communicating with the press and other media.
- Strong knowledge of local and regional media contacts and/or a proven ability to develop such relationships quickly.
- Ability to provide effective advice and counsel on strategic and/or critical communication issues and to exercise effective judgement.
- Ability to write executive-level communications for internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working in an academic or research setting preferred.
The selected candidate will work with a small team of creative professionals who work closely with the Office of International Affairs and Office of the President, AIT Schools and other key offices within the Institute.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.