For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5056
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Terms of Reference
Position: Programme Officer
Unit: Climate Change Cluster, Regional Resource Center for Asia and the Pacific
Location: Asian Institute of Technology, Pathumthani, Thailand
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: One-year contract duration with a possibility of extension*
*Subject to availability of funds
The Regional Resource Centre for Asia and the Pacific is an outreach centre of the Asian Institute of Technology focused on generating and synthesizing resources for setting policies at all levels of governance and enhancing capacities for impact-driven actions towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. Since 1989, RRC.AP has accumulated firm trust from 70+ governmental agencies, international organizations, academes, NGO’s and other stakeholders of the region by progressively contributing solutions to a broad range of environmental, social, and economic issues through capacity development, knowledge sharing, and the provision of policy guidance, advisory services, and technical research.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Officer, under the supervision of the Head of the Climate Change Cluster, is expected to perform the following:
- Provide technical support to the formulation and implementation of projects and activities on climate finance, disaster resilience, and other capacity-building assignments;
- Monitor requests for proposals and similar opportunities and support preparation of bids and proposals by providing technical inputs, including drafting sections or segments of the proposal;
- Support the organization and convening of capacity-building events by providing inputs to agenda setting, preparing materials, engaging participants, and supporting administrative and logistical tasks as necessary;
- Conceptualize, develop, and facilitate a knowledge management system to deliver accurate information relating to past activities, projects, and work programmes as well as stakeholders and partners in a timely and efficient manner;
- Analyse current stakeholder engagement efforts and contribute recommendations for the work plan strategy of the climate change cluster;
- Prepare various written outputs, including reports, studies, policy briefs, publications and outreach materials;
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Head of the Climate Change Cluster.
III. Required Competencies:
Professionalism: Knowledge of climate change related issues and the intergovernmental climate change process. Familiarity with the climate finance architecture. Understanding of concepts and good practices in capacity building, in particular in relation to the access to financial resources for climate change action. Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Communication: Fluency in spoken and written English; excellent drafting skills; demonstrated skills in having two-way communications; openness in sharing information and keeping people informed; ability to tailor language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to formulate clear goals, prioritize activities and assignments; to allocate the appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work, foreseeing risks and allowing for contingencies when planning; and to monitor and adjust plans and actions as necessary.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced studies in environmental science, economics, international relations or relevant fields; higher levels of education in related fields would be an asset. Demonstrated knowledge of sustainable development and climate change related issues.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.