For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Energy Academic Program of Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Change of the School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD) at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is looking for a ‘Research Associate’ to assist for activities regarding improved energy access/supply to isolated areas sponsored by European Union’s ERASMUS+ Program.
The position is available as soon as possible for at least two years with 3-month probation period and subject to annual assessment and review.
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), founded in 1959, is an autonomous, non-profit, international, postgraduate educational institution. The Institute offers degree and non-degree programs in three Schools. AIT promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world. It offers Master and Doctoral degrees, diploma and certificate programs in engineering, science, planning and management, and serves over 2,000 students from various countries across Asia and beyond. Teaching faculty, researchers and students from more than 45 countries form a unique international community on the Institute’s beautifully landscaped residential campus, situated 42 km north of Bangkok. AIT provides an excellent opportunity to work in an international set up with in-campus accommodation and amenities.
The Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review of programs, courses and curriculum in related areas in Asia and Europe
- Conducting surveys with stakeholders on knowledge and skill needs
- Literature Review from diverse sources
- Help coordinating and communicating with partners in Asia and Europe
- Reviewing reports and information from partners, and preparation of summaries and reports for sponsor
- Keeping track of project’s timesheets, timeline and logistics, as required as per EU rules
- Other relevant assignments assigned by project PIs.
- Relevant degree (Master’s degree from a leading university) preferably in energy and related areas
- Experience of writing reports, literature review
- Excellent English proficiency with first-rate writing skills
- Familiarity with usual office computer software and tools
- Expertise in conducting experiments and knowledge of energy related software
- Proactive and responsible
- Able to work independently under time pressure and in a multicultural environment
Commencement: As soon as possible; the application evaluation will begin from end of March 2019, and will continue until suitable candidate is found.
Benefits: As per AIT rule and regulation for Research Associate.
Please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.