For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The China Affairs Officer will work as a member of the International Affairs Office (IAO) of the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), which is a leading international post-graduate institution offering advanced engineering, technology, environment and resources and management education. The China Affairs Officer will play a strong role in the institute attaining its cooperation goals with the People’s Republic of China.
Scope of Service:
The China Relations Officer will serve to coordinate institute-wise matters concerning China’s activities with AIT, under the leadership of the President of AIT and supervision of the Director of International Affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The function of the China Relations Officer is to coordinate all aspects of the China-AIT desk, which include but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate all activities in relation to AIT and the China Scholarship Council (CSC).
- Develop strategies for multi-faceted engagement with the Government of China, all associated agencies and organizations.
- Assist AIT’s resource mobilization activities and private sector engagement in China.
- Lead all matters related to student recruitment and promotional activities in China / assist AIT’s overall marketing efforts in China.
- Promote AIT’s activities among Chinese students of higher education institutes in China and among Chinese students studying in Thailand.
- Work with AIT’s professional Schools and Centers to conceptualize, plan, develop and deliver specific joint academic programs, research programs and outreach programs with counterparts in China.
- Provide timely and effective briefings for the AIT President to strategic reporting, meetings and AIT missions.
- Develop and finalize agreements (MoU and MoA, LoI and Agreements) with partners, and organize signing ceremonies, as required.
- Develop and oversee a Chinese partners’ database, and prepare information in Chinese for potential prospective partners, donors and students.
- Arrange and facilitate visitor programs and oversee liaison with Chinese visitors to AIT.
- Organize Summer/Winter Field Camps and Study Tour Programs, and plan and deliver promotional activities to enhance AIT’s brand in the Chinese higher education marketplace.
- Under the supervision of the President, liaise with the embassy of the PR China for AIT-related matters.
- Other work as assigned by the President in relation to China.
- Master’s degree from a reputable Chinese University.
- Must have intimate knowledge of China’s higher education sytem and research environment.
- Mandarin Chinese fluency.
- Good English proficiency – speaking and writing skills.
- Good Chinese background.
- Minimum 3 years of international level experience with demonstrated experience in achieving results involving strategic partnership / business development.
- Able to work independently under time pressure and in a multicultural environment.
- Good computer skills in MS Office application software / Excel and database management, financial management is an advantage.
- Knowledge of other languages, such as Thai – is an advantage.
Letters of application, including curriculum vitae, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be submitted to the AIT Human Resources Office.
Commencement and Duration of the Contract
As soon as possible for 2 years.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.