For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-6074
Fax no. (66-2) 524-6071
|Faculty Position in Agri-Business Management (ABM)
Department of Food, Agricultureand Bioresources (FAB)
School of Environment, Resourcesand Development
Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor in Agri-Business Management, depending on qualification and experience.
Location: Agri-Business Management (ABM) Academic Program, Department of Food, Agriculture and Bioresources (FAB) at the School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD); Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand.
A. The Institute: The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), founded in 1959, is an autonomous, non-profit, international, postgraduate educational institution. The Institute offers degree and non-degree programs in three Schools. AIT promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world. It offers Master and Doctoral degrees, diploma and certificate programs in engineering, science, planning and management, and serves over 2,000 students from various countries across Asia and beyond. Teaching faculty, researchers and students from more than 45 countries form a unique international community on the Institute’s beautifully-landscaped residential campus, situated 42 km north of Bangkok.
B. The Agri-Business Management (ABM): Under Department of Food, Agriculture and Bioresources (FAB), the ABM specialization builds on long standing strengths and experience in research, and postgraduate teaching in the fields of agricultural production-processing-preservation, agro- and food-industry management and marketing, and in agricultural development. The program focuses on the potential for and contribution of the agribusiness industry in developing economies. It is aimed at enhancing small and medium business entrepreneurship among primary producers of agri-food products, and traders and other market intermediaries in the value chain.
Duties and Responsibilities
Applications are invited for a direct-hire full time faculty position at an Assistant or Associate Professor level in the Agri-Business Management (ABM) Specialization at the Food, Agriculture and Bioresources Department (FAB), School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD) of the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Teach 3-4 graduate level courses either related to Agriculture sector and policy analysis; Agriculture marketing, price and value chain; Agriculture production economics and similar other relevant courses;
- Engage in thesis research supervision of Master’s and Doctoral students,
- Develop a viable research program leading to publications in professional journals, take initiatives in bringing the sponsored research and developing cooperative links to develop new partnerships.
- Involve in the conduct of training programs, workshops, and other capacity development activities supported by regional or international agencies both in public and private sectors.
The successful candidate must have the following general qualifications.
- Holds a PhD or Doctoral degree from a reputable university with specialization with a meritorious academic record in agribusiness, agricultural economics, or closely related fields. An MBA with agribusiness specialization with teaching, research and postgraduate students’ supervision experience in similar fields are desirable.
- A candidate should have demonstrated his/her active involvement in professional activities. Ability to publish in international refereed journals, excellent communication skills and experience in obtaining research grants in international competition are highly desirable.
- Possesses demonstrated relevant experience and competence in teaching and student supervision at a graduate level with excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Has a strong commitment to teaching and research, with an aptitude to establish and maintain dynamic research programs in major areas/issues of agribusiness and agricultural economics.
- Previous exposure to the problems and prospects in the Asian and African Regions and a well-established linkage with donors and research partners will be an added advantage.
The appointment may be at the rank of an Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on qualifications and experience. The initial appointment is normally for two years and is renewable based on the performance. The salary offered to the successful candidate is regionally competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experiences. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel for self and direct dependents, settlement grant, education subsidy for dependent children and medical benefits according as provisioned in Institute’s policy and procedure. It is also possible to earn an additional income by carrying out consultancy services as provisioned in the Institute’s policy and procedure.
The application deadline is 30 April 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately after the deadline and will continue until the position is filled. The selected candidate is expected to join the institute in June 2019.
Please send in a letter of application including (1) curriculum vitae, (2) copies of at least five selected publications, (3) one-page professional statement describing goals and aspirations and (4) names and addresses of three referees to the following address:
School of Environment, Resources and Development
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand