For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The International Affairs Coordinator will work as a member of the International Affairs Office (IAO) of the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), which is a leading international post-graduate institution offering advanced engineering, technology, environment and resources and management education. The International Affairs Coordinator will play a strong role in the institute attaining its significant internationalization goals.
Scope of Service:
Contribute to Strategic Partnership Development of the Institute to support AIT’s Strategic Plan, under the leadership of the AIT President and supervision of the director of the International Affairs Office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate existing AIT cooperation with universities, governments, multilateral funding agencies and international organizations, for effective monitoring and evaluation and follow up.
- Coordinate and monitor the IAO work plan to engage the world and grow the AIT higher education brand globally, especially by driving efforts for various cooperation with leading universities and institutes on every continent.
- Support the success of AIT’s study abroad exchange program, by monitoring progress and liaising with appropriate faculty and offices for effective follow-up and results.
- Assist AIT’s entry in and active participation with leading regional and global higher education associations and bodies.
- Coordinate AIT’s cooperation with United Nations Agencies, International Organizations (IOs), Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs), Foundations, Research Agencies and Think Tanks.
- Generate professional level intelligence briefs to support strategic partnership development.
- Support the development of proposals and requests for submission to potential donors/partners -- for resource mobilization for AIT, including student scholarships and international projects.
- Coordinate with IAO officers to provide timely and effective briefings for the AIT President on visits to/from existing and prospective partners and to support IAO reporting, strategic meetings and AIT missions abroad.
- Develop and finalize agreements (MoU and MoA, LoI and Agreements) with partners, and organize signing ceremonies, as required.
- Other relevant assignments as assigned by AIT President and IAO Director.
- Relevant degree (Master’s degree from a leading university) preferably in international relations, business administration (strategy and marketing), social sciences, education.
- Minimum five years of international level experience with demonstrated experience in achieving results involving strategic partnership/business development.
- Advanced understanding of the international higher education arena, universities, international organizations, multilateral development and funding agencies, UN agencies, and foundations.
- Passion for international education and knowledgeable of the global issues defining the 21st century, such as climate change, technological advancements, sustainability and more.
- Leadership ability, ‘can do’ spirit and able motivate a team in new directions while remaining committed to the mission and principles of AIT.
- Able to work independently under time pressure and in a multicultural environment.
- Creative ‘out-of-the-box’ thinker, driven to solving problems and achieving above expected results.
- Excellent English proficiency with first-rate writing skills.
- Knowledge of other languages, such as Thai – is an advantage.
- Good computer skills in MS Office application software.
- Knowledge and experience in human resource management and financial management – an advantage.
Commencement: As soon as possible.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.