For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Terms of Reference (TOR):
The primary role of the Senior Public Relations Officer will be to initiate and manage public relation activities for the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) to raise the profile and image of AIT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume a lead role in all public relation activities in the Institute
- Develop and implement public relations plans and marketing strategies that are in accordance with the Institute’s vision.
- Create and craft PRs Marketing campaigns that are targeted towards younger audiences
- Develop and maintain a good network with local, regional, national, and international media outlets
- Facilitate and support Institute-level events
- Other duties assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Advertising, Media, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field. A Bachelor’s degree in a non-related subject along with a diploma/ certification in any of the before listed fields will be acceptable.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience working in public relations, advertising, marketing media.
- Expertise on working in advertising and campaigns
- Knowledge and a good understanding of current trends and contemporary practices in the market, particularly in Thailand.
- Experience dealing with younger audiences
- Excellent English language skills (both written and spoken)
- Good network of PR professionals, advertisers and designers in Bangkok.
- Experience working in an academic or research setting preferred.
- Proficiency in design software.
- Ability to churn good quality copy and craft taglines.
Work setting: The selected candidate will work with a team of professionals which includes a Senior Media Officer, Senior Graphic Designer, and photographer/s. From time to time, s/he will also be required to work with AIT Schools and other key offices within the Institute.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter, highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications, and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save your all your documents in one file and upload a single file.