For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Regional Resource Centre for Asia and the Pacific (RRC.AP) is an institute-wide centre of the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) that provides resources for policy setting towards sustainable development, acting as a science-policy interface by processing and assessing information and knowledge for governments, local communities and other stakeholders in the Asia-Pacific region. RRC.AP has 30 years of experience working with various bilateral and multilateral aid agencies in dealing with regional environmental issues, serving as secretariat for several intergovernmental networks/initiatives in the region, supporting policy and strategy development as well as facilitating international and intergovernmental conferences and workshops. RRC.AP is also one of the four core technical partners of the Asia Pacific Adaptation Network (APAN). The AIT campus is located in Pathumthani province, 42 km north of central Bangkok.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Officer (PO) under the supervision of the Head of the cluster is expected to contribute to strengthen and support the portfolio development by successfully implementing and managing project activities of the climate change cluster. The PO is expected to provide technical inputs (60%), and other project management duties (40%) in order to enhance project execution as well as the smooth operation of the cluster activities.
- Assist in developing, implementing and evaluating assigned projects and activities on climate change mitigation and adaptation as well as climate finance, technology development and transfer and capacity-building.
- Conduct research relating to climate change and sustainable development issues at the regional level with a view to integrating emerging needs and priorities of countries in Asia and the Pacific in projects and activities of the Climate Change Cluster.
- Assist in planning, organizing and convening workshops, training programmes and other events by developing agendas, identifying participants and resource persons, preparing materials, liaising with partner organizations and drafting reports.
- Prepare various written outputs, including reports, studies, policy briefs, publications, learning materials, financial reports, and annual KPI report.
- Communicate and coordinate with project partners for smooth execution of the project activity.
- Contribute to outreach efforts by preparing posts for social media outlets and updates for the website of the Climate Change Cluster.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Climate Change Cluster on knowledge management by maintaining and updating records on shared drives and other team databases as well as assisting in quality control of documents and ensuring consistency in style and presentation of various written outputs.
- Assist in resource mobilization efforts of the Climate Change Cluster by researching fund-raising opportunities, monitoring websites of potential donor organizations to identify relevant calls for proposals and tenders and providing inputs in the development of funding proposals.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Head of the Climate Change Cluster.
III. Required Competencies:
Professionalism: Knowledge of climate change related issues and the intergovernmental climate change process. Familiarity with the climate finance architecture. Understanding of concepts and good practices in capacity building, in particular in relation to the access to financial resources for climate change action. Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Communication: Fluency in spoken and written English; excellent drafting skills; demonstrated skills in having two-way communications; openness in sharing information and keeping people informed; ability to tailor language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to formulate clear goals, prioritize activities and assignments; to allocate the appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work, foreseeing risks and allowing for contingencies when planning; and to monitor and adjust plans and actions as necessary.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience:
Postgraduate degree in environmental science, economics, international relations or relevant fields; higher levels of education in related fields would be an asset.
Demonstrated knowledge of sustainable development and climate change related issues.
A minimum of 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing programmes and projects in the area of climate change. Experience in capacity building, design and organization of training programmes and development of learning materials. Experience in resource mobilization.
Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to download your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications and experience (max. 6 pages). Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save your all your documents in one file and upload a single file. Also, send a copy of your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Programme Officer-CC”.