For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Position: Senior Librarian (Head of Acquisition Section)
General Job Descriptions
- Manage acquisitions of books and other library materials except for journals and periodicals.
- Process invoices, prepare payment authorization and send claims for replacement of those damaged orders from shipment or wrong supply.
- Select and evaluate book donation.
- Create and maintain bibliographic and order records.
- Perform fiscal closing and prepare statistical reports.
- Master’s degree in Library Sciences, Library and Information Sciences or related disciplines
- Minimum three years of working experiences in book acquisitions
- Experiences in acquiring and managing electronic resources in an academic or research library
- Experiences in library automation system
- Knowledge of electronic publishing, out of print book market and acquisition systems
- Knowledge of cataloging practice and standards, including MARC and AACR II
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save your documents in one file and upload in the online application system.