For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Senior Alumni Relations Officer will be responsible to keep alumni connected to each other and the Institute, encourage and promote the professional development of alumni on an individual level, and keep the alumni community aware of the Institute’s developments and needs, including fundraising opportunities and achievements.
The Senior Alumni Relations Officer will report to the Director of Advancement.
Qualifications and Skills Necessary:
- Master’s degree, graduated in marketing, public relations, information management or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience specifically in communications, information management and fundraising in a non-profit Institution.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an articulate, confident and diplomatic approach to communications.
- Ability to successfully manage relationships with a wide range of contacts both internal and external to the Institute.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, web development and/or graphic design. Experience using alumni databases and experience preparing reports and presentations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and manage competing priorities on own initiative.
- Willing to work occasional weekends and evenings, and to go on business trips, when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs that support the Institute's strategic plan as well as the goals of the Campaign in collaboration with colleagues within the Office of Advancement.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, etc.
- Develop a strategy with Admissions to spearhead the introduction of alumni involvement in the admissions process in the National Chapters.
- Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact.
- Encouraging donations to support scholarships, research and Institute developments.
- Strategic planning for the direction of the Alumni Relations under the Office of Advancement.
- Undertake a broad range of analysis to produce meaningful alumni information management reports for the Institute.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Organized and flexible, able to prioritize.
- Highly motivated, able to work independently.
- Proactive and positive approach.
- Empathy with the need to diversify funding for the Institute.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters and act with discretion.
- Flexible approach to work and willingness to be flexible over working hours when required.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter, highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications, and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save your documents in one file and upload in the online application system.