For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Office of Procurement, Inventory and Assets (OPIA) is responsible for the procurement of goods, materials and services in a timely manner at a competitive price, of good quality and consistent with the needs of the Institute following established rules and regulations of AIT. Follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases. Ensure that all purchase transactions are done in a manner that is ethical, transparent, pays due regard to environmental issues and achieves values for money.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure efficient management of daily operations and liaison support to other Units and School.
- Facilitate Purchase Order/Commercial Contract Processing Procedure.
- Providing supervisory services on Inventory Control and Fixed Asset Management including assets disposal processing.
- Providing supervisory services on the control of materials and of spare parts inventory for the institute Facility Management propose.
- Oversee the entire process of the Institute Insurance and processing of various claims.
- Providing supervisory services on other tasks as follows but not limited to:
- Monitor and develop the entire procurement operations to ensure all procedures can generate the efficient benefit and performance to the Institute.
- Evaluate suppliers based on cost, quality, service, availability, reliability, and selection variety.
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Track all maintenance contracts and arranges for contracts extension or arrange for procurement of the new service provider.
- To maintain and develop a cost-effective of procurement functions to be able to meet the needs of the Institute.
- Budget control
- Coordinate in tenant screening process for institute concessionaire.
- Arrange/supervise for disposal of unused or underperforming assets by sealed bid.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, finance, or related field.
- Has an accounting concept/background.
- Minimum of 8 years of previous work experience as procurement officer or related position
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Has basic knowledge of Thai Civil and commercial law.
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts with accurate and precise attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills on commercial deals.
- Competent with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write analytical reports, create presentations, prepare statistical reports.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, organizational, facilitation and coaching skills.
- Excellent judgment and oral/written communication skills in English and Thai are required.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
Commencement and Duration of the Contract
As soon as possible for 2 years.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter, highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications, and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save your documents in one file and upload in the online application system.