For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
|Job Title:||Program Officer / Academic Quality Officer|
|Contract Duration:||2-year fixed-term includes 3-month probation (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)|
|Expected start time:||as soon as possible|
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.
Under the Office of Academic Administration of AIT, the Center for Learning, Innovation and Quality (CLIQ) aims to enhance and promote learning, innovation and quality assurance in academic and research programs at AIT. The Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Vice President for Academic Affairs to provide support for the quality assurance of the research and academic programs at the Institute.
The Officer is responsible for a broad range of activities around academic quality assurance and enhancement, education regulatory and policy development related to teaching and learning and student engagement, building on good practices and informed by the wider higher education sector. The Officer is expected to perform, but not limited to, the following functions:
Learning Assessment, Program Evaluation: The Officer will assist in the design of academic programs and implement effective and sustainable assessment practices with primary emphasis on student learning assessment. The duties and accountabilities include:
- Observe, collect, and analyze data/outputs produced from the academic programs on a semester/year basis particularly results of students’ learning and faculty’s teaching through designing student outcomes assessment tools, statistics for analysis of qualitative and quantitative assessment data and prepare summary reports for internal distribution (and to institutional accrediting agencies).
- Coordinate implementation and reporting for student feedback on the faculty teaching and provide compiled data on faculty’s teaching performance for AIT’s annual award to the panel of judges.
Research, analysis and documentation on the issues of higher education sector: As a resource person, the Officer will be requested to conduct reports, notes, briefs and presentation on Business Plans and policies, issues, practices and challenges of academic affairs in higher education context. The major responsibilities include:
- Report analysis of AIT’s scores and ranks of international university ranking to distribute internally.
- Prepares analytical reports on diverse issues of academic affairs for management.
- Participate in outcome assessment, information gathering and faculty’s publication/research activities from various bibliometric databases and make recommendations.
ICTs for education: The Officer will support program delivery through providing service of LMS (Learning Management System). She/He will also research and develop educational tools, technologies, practices; assesses and evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of technologies as well as teaching and learning experiences; provide workshop for faculty (and students) on the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning. The detailed responsibilities include:
- Administers/Supports Learning Management System (MOODLE) for faculty and students.
- Regularly conduct workshops on the use of course management system such as Moodle for faculty.
- Explore and research emerging ICT for instructional needs and prescribe practical application of the given situation.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in education, evaluation, social sciences, planning development, or another relevant technical field.
- Background in student learning assessment, program evaluation, accreditation, quality assurance system and experience in educational research, ideally at the institutional, international-wide level
- Knowledge in the use of instructional design theory, instructional technology, technology tools, and course management system (Moodle) to enhance learning and interaction.
- Experience with survey and other assessment methodologies
- Research and analytical skills to draft reports, notes, briefs and presentations on HE practices, policies, issues and practices etc.
- IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data base management. (Statistical analysis software such as SPSS and ability to produce graphs, infographics, and visuals are assets.)
- Good command of English language in terms of speaking, reading and writing for standard documents and publishing
- Familiarity with MOODLE as an administrative role and institute intranet systems
- Flexible attitude who can adapt to varying and challenging demands of the job
- ‘Teamwork first’ attitude and be able to relate to the secretarial pool and other staff at AIT in an efficient and proficient manner.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter, highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications, and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save them all in one file and upload a single file.