For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) seeks a visionary leader for the position of Dean of the School of Management. The successful candidate will be committed to a philosophy emphasizing the importance of both scholarly research and teaching. Candidates should show evidence of successful fundraising and the ability to positively represent the school to internal and external constituents. The Dean must lead the faculty and staff in developing and implementing strategies that position the school for the future and playing the following essential roles:
- Strategic leadership
- Build a collaborative academic community, to include inter-disciplinary research ideas for AIT which has strong engineering and environment faculty.
- Develop strong business relationship with the corporate sector
- Create strong relationships with stakeholders, alumni, business, government and faculty, staff and students
- Develop a distinctive identity for the School in Asia and globally
- Attract funding to support the future growth of the School
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an autonomous, non-profit, international postgraduate institution based in Thailand with an enrollment of over 1700 students from over 40 countries from around the world. AIT tied for the title of the world’s top international university in the EU funded U-Multirank 2015 institutional rankings and was awarded top five-star ratings in internationalization, teaching and facilities by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
The School of Management (SOM) was established in October 1987 to meet the growing needs in Asia for graduate management education. In line with AIT’s mission, SOM’s objective is to make a difference in the quality of management education and practices in the Asia-Pacific region leading to sustainable development, technological leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, wealth creation and pride.
- Earned doctorate in business or a related field
- A record of successful administrative leadership in large and complex academic organizations as Dean or Associate Dean in a reputed business school
- Experience in strategic plan development and implementation with a record of achievement related to Business school accreditation such as AASCB, EFMD, AMBA etc.
- Exemplary achievement in academia and/or outstanding achievement in the business world.
- A strong commitment to scholarship academic excellence and diversity with international exposure in research, teaching, projects, consulting, public engagement and outreach activities
- A strong communication and interpersonal capabilities to enable collaboration across the AIT campus, with our alumni, and with international networks
- A record of successful fund raising
- An understanding of the Business School Ranking and Quality Assurance Systems
- Expertise in supporting student learning, particularly through experiential learning and e-learning would be an asset
- Business experience as a top executive in business would be an asset.
Inquiries and applications are invited. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications. Attractive fringe benefits are offered. Nominations and letters of application, including curriculum vitae (detailing qualifications and experience), as well as the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be submitted no later than 15 November 2018 to:
Office of the President
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O.Box 4, Klong Luang
Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
For more information, please visit our websites at: http://www. ait.ac.th; http://www.som.ait.ac.th
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.