For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-6074
Fax no. (66-2) 524-6071
Assistant/Associate Professor Faculty Position in Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management (AARM) Academic Program
Applications are invited for the position of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management (AARM) Academic Program at Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Pathumthani, Thailand. AIT is an autonomous, non-profit, international post-graduate institution offering degrees, diplomas and certificates in engineering, science, planning and management to students from countries across Asia and beyond. Teaching faculty, researchers, staff and students are from more than 100 countries, making a unique international community on the Institute’s 400 acres of beautifully landscaped residential campus, situated 42 km north of Bangkok.
The School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD) offers a graduate program leading to Master’s and Doctoral degrees in its various academic programs including Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management (AARM). The School is seeking to fill a full-time faculty position in Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management to join the School as soon as possible.
Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management (AARM) Academic Program, which was established in 1981, is housed within the SERD, AARM is currently striving to promote sustainable aquaculture systems in line with the goals set by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) towards sustainable intensification of aquaculture as a feasible means to produce adequate food for humankind. Such a strategy is aimed at generating new knowledge for the development of more productive, and resource-environment-friendly efficient technologies. AARM also tests and transfers such innovative technologies through various capacity building programs for individuals and institutions around the globe.
The successful candidate is to develop and teach advanced postgraduate courses, engage in thesis research supervision of Master’s and Doctoral students, and develop a viable research program in aquaculture and allied topics, leading to publications in professional journals, take initiatives in bringing sponsored research and developing cooperative links with other study areas for maintaining the competitive edge of AARM Academic Program in the region. In addition, the candidate should be involved in the conduct of training programs, workshops, and other capacity development activities supported by national or international agencies both in public and private sectors.
- Has a doctorate degree in a relevant discipline such as Aquaculture Aquatic Resources Management allied subjects with at least 3 years of teaching & research experience.
- Strong commitment to and proven track record of teaching and research in aquaculture or aquatic resource management with specialization on aquatic diseases.
- Strong publication record in high impact factor, peer-reviewed journals in the related field.
- Ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary research groups within AIT and from outside.
- Superior skills in verbal and written communications in English, and interpersonal relationships.
- Proven track record and aptitude to establish and maintain dynamic research and outreach programs in Aquatic Resources Management and/or in Aquatic Health Management, Aquaculture Nutrition and Feed Management, or Applied Genetics in Aquaculture Stock Improvement.
- Demonstrated success in mobilization of externally-aided funding for research projects & outreach activities.
The initial appointment is for two years and renewable based on performance. Salary offered is internationally competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experiences. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel for self and direct dependents, settlement grant, education subsidy for dependent children, and medical and dental benefits as provisioned in the Institute’s policy and procedure. It is also possible to earn an additional income by carrying out consulting services as provisioned in Institute’s policy and procedure.
The application deadline is 31 December 2018. Review of applications will begin immediately after the deadline and will continue until the position is filled. The selected candidate is expected to join the Institute as soon as possible.
Please send a letter of application, including (1) curriculum vitae, (2) copies of at least five best publications, (3) one-page professional statement describing goals and aspirations and (4) names and contact addresses of three referees to the following address:
School of Environment, Resources & Development
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4 Klong Luang 12120