For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-6054
FACULTY POSITION IN GEOTECHNICAL AND EARTH RESOURCES ENGINEERING
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an autonomous, international and inter-governmental postgraduate institution that promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region and beyond through higher education, research and outreach activities. Established in Thailand in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with the public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some top universities in the world. It offers Master’s and Doctoral degrees, diploma and certificate programs in engineering, science, planning and management, and has graduated over 2,500 graduate students from many countries across Asia and beyond.
The Geotechnical and Earth Resources Engineering (GTE) program is one of the oldest fields of study in AIT, as part of the School of Engineering and Technology (SET). It provides graduate education and training in the major areas of specialization, and namely, i) Soil Engineering; ii) Engineering and Environmental Geology; iii) and an interdisciplinary area of Geo-exploration and Petroleum Geoengineering.
The Asian Institute of Technology is inviting applications from well-qualified candidates for a direct-hire faculty position in the Geotechnical and Earth Resources Engineering (GTE). Applications will be considered at the Assistant/Associate Professor level with specific qualifications and expected responsibilities as follows:
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering or related field from a well recognized Institution.
- Must have competence in teaching courses related to analytical and numerical analyses in geotechnical engineering, geo-environmental engineering, geotechnical testing and modeling, soil dynamics among others and ability to supervise research at postgraduate level.
- To be able to propose and perform successfully sponsored research projects. The experiences and achievements in getting/conducting the sponsored project are a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good networking with an international and local community in geotechnical engineering and/or earth science.
- Teaching postgraduate courses in subject areas including but not limited to geotechnical testing and modeling, analytical and numerical analyses in geo- engineering, geo-environmental engineering, engineering & exploration geophysics
- Supervising Master and Doctoral students’ thesis research.
- Conducting the sponsored research projects, short/training courses, seminars/conferences, and other professional activities at the program, School or Institute levels.
- Attracting sponsored research projects from industry, governmental and international agencies.
- Actively participating in promotional activities to recruit students.
- Contributing to the achievement of development goals of the program, School, and Institute.
- To assist the Institute and communities during emergencies as and when they occur.
Application Process and Appointment Details
After following the established procedure of screening and evaluation of all applications received, the successful candidate is expected to join the Institute at the start of August 2018 semester at the earliest. The initial appointment is for a period of two years and is renewable depending on performance and productivity.
The salary offered to the successful candidate is regionally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel, settlement grant, education subsidy for dependent children and medical benefits according to provisioned Institute policies and procedure.
Interested applicants must submit either by post or e-mail a letter of intent, complete CV, transcripts for BS, MS and Ph.D. degrees, publication lists and names and addresses of three Referees to the following address:
Application deadline: 30 November 2018
School of Engineering and Technology
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4 Klong Luang 12120