For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-6074
Fax no. (66-2) 524-6071
Assistant Professor Position for Microelectronics & Embedded Systems and Nanotechnology Fields of Study Department of Industrial Systems Engineering (ISE), School of Engineering and Technology (SET)
AIT is an autonomous, non-profit, international post-graduate institution offering Master’s and Doctorate degrees, certificate and diploma program in engineering, science, planning and management, and serves over 1,400 students from many countries across Asia and beyond. Teaching faculty, researchers and students from more than 40 countries from a unique international community on the Institute’s 160 hectares, beautifully landscaped campus, situated 42 km north of Bangkok.
The Industrial Systems Engineering Department of The School of Engineering and Technology invites qualified candidates to apply for an Assistant Professor position to cover both Nanotechnology (NT) and Microelectronics & Embedded Systems (MES) fields of study. The preferred candidate is required to have teaching, research and/or practical experience in nanotechnology and microelectronics in diverse areas such as micro/nanoelectromechanical systems (MEMs/NEMs), micro-nanofabrication, micro/nanoelectronics, nanomaterials synthesis, characterization and micro/nanometrology. Previous experience in teaching, research with publications and/or practical experience in NT and MES-related fields is an advantage. The successful candidateis expected to develop and teach postgraduate courses, supervise Master’s Degree and Doctoral students, conduct independent research activities and submit proposals for funding. The successful candidate must be able to function within the two related fields of study.
SET started 50 years ago in AIT in 1964. SET conducts the pioneering research in the region to respond to current needs and providing vision for future development. MEMs/NEMs, nanotechnology and micro-nanofabrication are important areas to SET. Therefore, we are currently looking for a young and dynamic colleague to join SET and contribute to further development of these focal areas. In particular, the potential candidate is expected to have the following qualities.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. from a reputed university
- Degree awarded in any relevant engineering program or scientific discipline that focused on microelectronics and/or micro/nanoelectromechanical systems and/or nanotechnology, nanomaterial synthesis and/or micro/nanofluidicsand/or related fields
- At least 2-3 years of research/teaching experience in the areas mentioned above
- Good track record of research as evidenced by publications in reputed international journals with documentation of citations as listed in SCOPUS, Google Scholar and Research Gate
- The candidate should preferably have some degree of work expertise related to MEMs/NEMsdesign, simulation and processing technologies including state-of-the-art integrated circuit design or micro-nanofluidics and lab-on-chip
- Potential or proven ability to develop research programs
- Excellent communication skills with good command of English
- Strong commitment to teaching at the post-graduate levels
- Interest in innovative teaching methods and curriculum development
- Capability to secure external funding for sponsored research projects
- Capability to work with donor agencies to generate collaborative research funding to lead a successful research program
Duties and Responsibilities
- Graduate level teaching
- Teaching 3-4 courses per year
- Student research supervision at Master’s and Ph.D. levels
- Aid in designing, equipping and staffing MEMs/NEMs teaching/research laboratory
- Carry out sponsored research projects and assignments
Preference will be given to candidates who will combine excellence in teaching with a demonstrated capacity to conduct novel, interdisciplinary research that will expand and complement the current ISE departmental research strengths.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The suitable candidate will be appointed at the earliest possible date initially for a period of two years with strong possibility of extension.
The salary offered to the successful candidate is regionally competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel for self and direct dependents, and grant for settlement, education subsidy for dependent children, and medical benefit as per Institute’s policy and procedure. For more details please refer to the AIT homepage, http://www.ait.ac.th
Letter of application, including a curriculum vitae, copies of selected publications, citation data, and the names, affiliation and telephone numbers of three referees should be submitted to:
School of Engineering and Technology
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Khlong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
Tel: (66-2) 524 6074 Fax: (66-2) 524 6071, E-mail: email@example.com
The application deadline is 31 August 2018. Review of applications is currently in progress and will continue until the position is filled. The selected candidate is expected to join the institute at the earliest possible date to prepare for the August 2018 intake.