For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Asian Institute of technology(www.ait.asia), an international institute, promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.
The Asian Center of Innovation for Sustainable Agriculture Intensification, AIT ( http://www.acisai.ait.asia/ ) established in 2012, is a dedicated Center in Asia catering to the research, educational and capacity building need in the areas of sustainable agriculture intensification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the overall guidance of the ACISAI Director, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the administrative and financial management of the ACISAI. In particular, the incumbent will:
- Ensure overall financial management of the ACISAI on a day-day basis. Manage the project financial issues as per the rules and regulations within AIT financial system;
- Extract data from various sources in financial or accounting systems, and prepare all necessary documents for the proper financial and administrative management of the project;
- Maintain proper control over various financial records such as commitments and expenditures against budgeted amounts; initiate actions related to the following: general financial information, travel payments, and procurement transactions;
- In consultation with the AIT purchase, verify vendor claims for accuracy; perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered, and ensure timely recording and processing of vendor invoices in the Project’s information system;
- Monitor vendor and operational advances and other receivables and ensure timely clearance of outstanding items, taking corrective follow up actions where required, ensure that all operational advances are reconciled periodically with AIT Administration and finance unit;
- Maintain and closely monitor all financial activities related to the MOAs signed within the framework of the ACISAI, including invoices review, payments, and reconciliations;
- Assist in checking and payment of field expenses against operational advances;
- Provide assistance to all project staff’s services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc;
- Prepare the project’s expenditure and finance related documents for the proper registration of all financial activities and provide needed support to external auditor for the annual auditing of the project account;
- Perform other related duties as required by the Director of the ACISAI.
- A degree in finance, business administration or closely related field;
- Sound knowledge of accounting and finance management;
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a relevant public institution, private sector or in an international organization, with proven skills in the financial and administrative management of European Union or internationally financed development projects;
- Working knowledge of English. Knowledge of Thai (local language) would be an asset.
- Extent and relevance of experience in finance management especially working experience with an international organization;
- Demonstrated ability to document and prepare the financial report in English;
- Extent and relevance of experience in participating in multidisciplinary working team and working experience in the multicultural environment.
Salaries and benefits of AIT are competitive compared to other regional organizations.
GENDER AND EQUITY POLICY
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. AIT implements a gender-fair policy and is supportive of working women.
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter, highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications, and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save them all in one file and upload a single file.
Please send your application as well to:
Dr. Abha Mishra (email@example.com)