For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Program Officer (Development Management)
Reporting to the Head of Development Management (Director of the Yunus Center at AIT), the Program Officer will be a member of the team with primary responsibility in the preparation, implementation, documentation and reporting of YCA’s program activities, and under supervision, manage timely delivery of program outputs on-time and within budget. As and when designated, the Program Officer will assist the Head of Development Management (Director of the Yunus Center at AIT), in the management of the Center and in liaising with partners within and outside AIT, while designing and coordinating projects aimed at enterprise-driven poverty alleviation innovations ascertained to have a long-term, measurable impact on quality of life for particularly vulnerable population groups in the region. Apart from these specific responsibilities, the Program Officer will, as a member of the team, contribute to the organizing and delivery of professional development and training programs for AIT Extension clients, as and when required to do so by the Head of Development Management (Director of the Yunus Center at AIT).
- Work with the Head of Development Management (Director YCA) in maintaining and updating the required process documentation
- Coordinate all YCA program activities, including but not limited to the conceptualization and preparation of project proposals and budgets, implementation and monitoring of ongoing projects, as well as process-level communication and knowledge management
- Liaise, when designated, between the Director and identified stakeholders within and outside AIT and Grameen during the ongoing process of identifying, preparing and coordinating program opportunities, which may include attending client meetings, making presentations, undertaking field missions and conducting follow-up as determined by YCA program strategy
- Coordinate program-related work assignments of program staff assigned by AIT units and Cluster partners or contracted by YCA projects, and guide YCA work teams towards producing required deliverables and outcomes within time and budget requirements
- Coordinate documentation and knowledge-management functions emerging from YCA’s program activities, including introducing innovative social media-based strategies and periodic redesign and content updates for the YCA website and other social media accounts.
- Master’s degree in economics, political science, management or technology-related fields
- In lieu of a completed master’s degree, a substantial period of experience working in grassroots communities in a developing country
- Knowledge of one or more project areas relevant to the YCA program strategy
- Above-average fluency in written and spoken English
- Working skills in computer and information and communication technology
- Strong analytical ability, and effective communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Goal-oriented professional attitude, with the ability to work under pressure and meet client expectations and deadlines
- Ability to perform in interdisciplinary, multi-cultural environments with diverse stakeholders
- Professional ‘can-do’ attitude, strong interpersonal skills, and flair for communication
- Entrepreneurial ‘out of the box’ thinking and passion for YCA’s mission.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and
password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter, highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications, and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save them all in one file and upload a single file.