For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Licensing Counsel Officer
AIT Solutions, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Technology Licensing Officer (TLO). This position will work primarily with innovations/ inventions from Asian Institute of Technology and Innovation Lab [iLab] at AIT Solutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of intellectual property;
- Soliciting and analyzing invention disclosure from the inventors/ innovators.
- Conduct state-of-the-art search, prior art search, validity search, and infringement or freedom-to-operate search.
- Completing patent application forms and patent agreements.
- Formulating patent strategies and coordinating with external patent counsel;
- Drafting of agreements (MOU, MOA, funding/ sponsored research agreements, collaboration agreements/ consortium agreement, inter-institutional agreements, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements).
- Master degree in a technical or business discipline.
- Two years of relevant experience within the academic/ research institute and/ or industrial environment, ideally involving the identification and commercialization of intellectual property (IP) through licensing.
- Experience in conducting prior art search, assessing commercial potential/ market opportunity of the innovation.
- Experience in preparation of agreements (MOU, MOA, funding/ sponsored research agreements, collaboration agreements/ consortium agreement, inter-institutional agreements, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements).
- The candidate should have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; good negotiation skills; the ability to interpret and manage numerous complex agreements; the ability to manage and coordinate multiple and diverse projects simultaneously through to completion; be highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a team environment and can establish priorities.
This position will be located at the AIT Solutions, Asian Institute of Technology Campus.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter, highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications, and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidates competencies.
Save them all in one file and upload a single file.