For more information, feel free to contact us.
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an autonomous, international and inter-governmental post-graduate institution that promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region and beyond through higher education, research and outreach activities. Established in Thailand in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with the public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some top universities in the world. It offers Master’s and Doctoral degrees, diploma and certificate programs in engineering, science, planning and management, and serves over 2,000 students from many countries across Asia and beyond.
The Water Engineering and Management (WEM), program is under the School of Engineering and Technology (SET) at AIT. It imparts education and training towards understanding the complexity of water cycle, utilization, and management. It offers a balanced curriculum in both engineering and management aspects of water resources in five focal areas: agricultural water, coastal water, urban water, water resources, and extreme events and risk management.
The Asian Institute of Technology is inviting applications from well qualified candidates for a direct-hire faculty position in the Water Engineering and Management program. Applications will be considered at the Assistant Professor level with specific qualifications and expected responsibilities as follows:
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree in Civil or Agricultural Engineering or related field with specialization in Irrigation and Drainage from a well recognized Institution.
- Must have competence in teaching courses related to Irrigation and Drainage Engineering and Management and Agricultural Water Management and ability to supervise research at post graduate level and to carry out sponsored research projects.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in SEA and/or EIA and GIS applications, Irrigation and Drainage and Agricultural Water Management practices in the Asian region will be considered an advantage.
- Teaching post-graduate courses in subject areas including but not limited to Irrigation and Drainage Engineering and Management, High Efficiency Irrigations Systems, Land and Water Management, and topics related to Agricultural Water Management.
- Supervising Master and Doctoral students’ thesis research.
- Conducting or participating in sponsored research projects, short training courses, seminars/conferences, and other professional activities at the program, School or Institute levels.
- Attracting sponsored research projects and developing partnerships with industry, government and international agencies.
- Participating in promotional activities to recruit students.
- Contributing to achievement of development goals of the program, School, and Institute.
- Willing to be available to assist the Institute and communities during emergencies as and when they occur.
Application Process and Appointment Details
After following the established procedure of screening and evaluation of all applications received, the successful candidate is expected to join the Institute at the start of August 2018 semester or earlier. The initial appointment is for a period of two years, and is renewable depending on performance and productivity.
The salary offered to the successful candidate is regionally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel, settlement grant, education subsidy for dependent children and medical benefits according to provisioned Institute policies and procedure.
Interested applicants must submit either by post or e-mail a letter of intent, complete CV, transcripts for BS, MS and PhD degrees, publication lists and names and addresses of three Referees to the following address:
Application deadline: 15 January, 2018
School of Engineering and Technology
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4 Klong Luang 12120