For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Geoinformatics Center (GIC) of Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is seeking an IT professional with system administration skills. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the centers’ computer network, servers, websites etc. He/she will be providing technical support and guidance for all IT related implementations and procurements. He/she will perform other duties such as taking server backups, taking data backups, managing software licenses, managing social media content, developing tools/applications, and other general administrative support as required. The incumbent needs to help to implement IT related activities of the projects carried out by the center, whenever needed. He/she also needs to manage an online journal.
An initial contract of one year starting 1 October 2017 will be given with a probation period of six months. Preference will be given to Thai nationals.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management or related fields;
- Sufficient work experience in system administration including server backups, taking data backups, managing software licenses;
- 2+ years of work experience in System Administration;
Skills and Capabilities
- Hands-on experience in Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems;
- Good understanding of DNS, DHCP, Samba and mailing systems;
- Knowledge and working experience in:
- Content Management Systems such as Joomla WordPress, Moodle etc.;
- Managing Web-Server such as Apache (PHP), Apache Tomcat (Java) etc.;
- Managing RDBMSs such as MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.;
- Managing networking, routing and switching;
- Handling servers especially with RAID systems;
- Handling GIS related software and tools;
- Working knowledge in PHP;
- Managing social media;
- Good communication skills (including reading, writing and speaking in English).
- Planning and organizing multiple-tasks;
- Writing/maintaining documents;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in a multi-cultural environment.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter (maximum 5 pages) highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications, and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidate’s competencies.
Save them all in one file and upload a single file.