For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Geoinformatics Center (GIC) of Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is seeking a Software Developer for GIS related development. An initial contract of one year starting 1 October 2017 will be given with a probation period of six months.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Remote Sensing/GIS, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields;
- 1+ years of work experience in software development;
Skills and Capabilities
- Working knowledge in Python, Java, PHP;
- Working knowledge on GeoServer;
- Working experience in GIS Tools (GRASS, QGIS, ArcGIS);
- Good understanding of Web2Py;
- Knowledge and working experience in:
- Developing Web Applications (HTML/CSS/JS);
- Desktop and Mobile Applications;
- RDBMS such as Mysql, Postgresql;
- Good communication skills (including reading, writing and speaking in English).
- Planning and organizing multiple-tasks;
- Writing/maintaining documents;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in a multi-cultural environment.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter (maximum 5 pages) highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications, and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidate’s competencies.
Save them all in one file and upload a single file.