For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Background: Being a department that have strong focus on practices, all five academic programs of DDS have field-based workshop components. Students of DDS conduct field-based research for thesis and research study in five academic programs that involve enormous secondary as well as primary data collection, data processing and analysis. Without workshop components (intensive practical training), the knowledge is incomplete and also the degrees as well as our products will not be properly valued in the competitive job and professional market. Academic programs have conducted different types of customized training programs with field visits. The current demand is more for field visits than class room presentation and discussions. Under this scenario, a need for recruiting a Field cum laboratory supervisor is strongly justified by sharing the cost collectively by the academic programs of the DDS.
At the same time, the department needs stronger networking, promotion and outreach in Thailand and in the region.
The ToR for the position is as follows.
- Develop promotion strategies and engage in active networking with various academic institutions in Thailand and in the region, especially through website and internet and developing promotion materials.
- Arrangement, co-ordination of field logistics, liaising with government and private organizations officials at provincial, district, sub-district (Tambon) and city levels for workshop activities, including collection of secondary data.
- Translation of Thai documents to English and serving as interpreter in the field.
- Assisting in editing and production of the final workshop reports and submission to the Thai Government counter part and other agencies.
- Conducting tutorials and hands-on lab sessions for SPSS/STAT and other qualitative soft wares for DDS students.
- Providing assistance for conducting training programs with field visit components.
- Engaged in other activities as deemed fit and assigned by the HOD and Academic Programs.
- Master’s Degree in Science or Social Sciences or Development Studies and Planning
- Proficiency in Thai language (speaking, reading, writing) and familiarity in Thai contexts.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Experience in developing websites and brochures, and online promotion/networking activities.
- Experience in field based project and research activities. Demonstrated ability in quantitative applications using SPSS/STAT an asset.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include a cover letter highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications and experience. Save them all in one file and upload a single file.